COMODO AntiSpam v. 2.1.0.266 will not install

I have COMODO Internet Security and COMODO BOClean 4.27 installed and running perfectly. When I try and install COMODO AntiSpam (v. 2.1.0.266) I get the following message:
“Setup module is corrupted or some necessary files are missed (sic). The installation can not be continued. Rolling back installation.”
I then get the Windows message:
“Commodo Desktop Installer has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.” I’ve tried uninstalling all of the COMODO components (after switching off my Wireless Router) and installing a new download of COMODO AntiSpam first - I still get the same error messages.
If it’s of any consequence, I was using ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite beforehand which has been totally uninstalled.
I’m using WinXP Home edition, SP3.
Many thanks in advance.

Hi Teejay666:

Your installer seems crached.
     Please try to re download the installer and try again.
     I think Comodo will provide MD5 digist code for the installer so we could judge if one installer is intact.

Hi Junhua
Thanks for your reply. I’ve actually tried installing 3 separate downloads, I just get the same message each time! I’ve also tried totally uninstalling the whole package but Windows Security Centre indicates that they are still installed. Your assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Tim

Hi Teejay666:

I will try to get WindowsXP Home Edition setup and check this issue :THNK

Hi Junhua:
Your assistance is much appreciated.

Ho Teejay666:

CAS2.1 installer will access some register keys when installing, so, you CIS will prompt that and ask for you opnion, you need approve all the access of installer, or the installer will fail. Did you approve the access alert from CIS for CAS installler?

Hi Junhua:

I’ve tried a reinstallation. Bad news! It doesn’t get as far as the CIS prompts. I get an error message when it’s at 77% of the process. The message tells me that there are some components missing or faulty. If you can find out where the problem lies I would be very interested. In the meantime, I’ve installed Spyware Terminator to replace CAS.

Your quickest and easiest solution to this is for you to uninstall all comodo products. Remove leftover directories and files on your computer (once all uninstalled just search your computer for anything called “Comodo” and delete it) then run a registry and temp file cleaner like CCleaner from www.ccleaner.com.

Then install CAS first and then install the other comodo programs.

What I think is happening is that there are some leftover files from an earlier installation which are causing the installation issues.

Hope this helps…

Eric

Hi Teejay666:

Would please check folder :"C:\Documents and Settings\[i]You name[/i]\Application Data\Comodo\AntiSpam\Logs\" to see if one file named by "CASSetup.exe0.lgr" existed? and please attach it in the post by "Additional Options"? "[i]You name[/i]" here is the user name you used to log in.

This file only contains Antispam application installing information, and will not contain any other information about your computer or your personal privacy.

They are hiden folder in your system. You need open "My computer" first, then select "opnions" in "Tools" menu, a dialog will popup, under the "View" page, uncheck "hide protected system files" and select "Show all files and folders", then you could find the folder.

Hi Junhua:

Please find the attached. “.lgr” is not an allowed file time for uploading so I have added “.txt” at the end. Please rename if necessary.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Hi Eric:

Thanks for that. I’ll give it a go.

Hi Eric:

I did exactly as you said, removed absolutely everything, it still crashed 77% of the way through!

Hmmm… What other programs are your running?

Hi Eric:

I thought rather than try to list everything that’s running on my PC, I’d furnish you with a list of what’s runing at start-up - which is attached! Please note that BOClean and Spyware Terminator were not installed during my CAS installation attempts and Skype was turned off.

I know it’s a long list (to put it mildly) but I’m hopeful that you may be able to source the instigator with this proof to hand.

Thanks for you running info. At first glance I’m not seeing any conflicting software. Can you try putting CPF’s Defense+ in Training Mode when installing CAS?

I followed your instructions - the same thing happened. Please see the attached image. I’m assuming that there’s no problem with the version of CAS that I’m downloading - I use a fresh download each time…

CAS isn’t my particular specialty so I’ve posted that more help is needed on the Mod’s board. Meanwhile, I’m back tracing old posts to see if anyone else has previously had this issue.

Eric

Eric

Thanks a lot. Much appreciated, as ever.