Comodo Antispam dead?

He gives no reason not to believe, therefore the default is to believe (this happens with religion and we know how much trouble that causes!

Yes i agree. To believe the claim here would be the same as to believe in religion. And that is why there are so many religions and hence so much conflict

Lusher?
;D

So you always assume people lie to you unless proven otherwise? That says more about you than about “the others”, as far as I’m concerned.

Apart from that, what would be good enough in this case? You want a list of names, so you get one. It contains 5, 10, 50, or who knows how many names of programmers and other people who are involved. There is no way you could possibly verify the validity\accuracy of that list. With or without list, the situation is always the same for you.

Who cares, and what’s that with us?
Oh man this is so funny! :slight_smile:

OK

thanks

Melih

thats an excellent point.

Unless you can verify how can you validate the claim then whats the point?
And what is your process of validation of these names Luketan? Can you pls tell us how you were going to validate that
1)they exist
2)they work for Comodo
3)they work for the projects we claim they work for

Look forward to your explanation so that we have a reason to believe you!

Melih

This was said in April, three months ago. The new AntiSpam seems to just keep slipping and slipping. Mine has been dead for months. Does nothing.

So another update on the new program would be nice.

Dead lines can slip.

Josh

Which Antivirus Product are you using?

Does it have a Mass Mailing Protection Element?

Try temp disabling your AV’s email protection to see if it’s that which is causing you problems.

Eric

Hi xylophone,

The release of CAS 2.1 needs to be coordinated with the next release of CSE (1.1) as they share components which is the reason for the delay, this will be in the next fortnight or so.

I’m sorry to hear you are having problems with CAS. Could you send me a personal message and I’ll arrange for our CAS devs to contact you to find and fix your specific problem?

Regards,
Shane. :SMLR

You mentioned the mass mailing thing to me before. I use CAV and disabling this there made no differencve, as did disabling email checking. Comodo Antispam continues as dead as a doornail.

That’s great to hear, will eagerly await.

Hi xylophone,

CAV could be the problem. Unfortunately CAV is incompatible with CSE and CAS, due to a bug in CAV.

I’ll find out from the CAV team what the plans are about this. What version of CAV are you running?

Regards,
Shane.

Thnaks, Shane,

This is the first time any one has come clean on this with me. Appreciated

2.0.17.58 (2 Beta)

Will wait to hear further

Just hope CAV v3 gets out soon. :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Josh

Hi xylophone,

I’ve spoken with the developers for CAV and your problems are due to CAV. The only fix is to remove CAV if you want CSE and CAS to work. I’m told that CAV 3 will work with CSE and CAS.

Regards,
Shane.

Just to put my 2 pence in… CAS has worked with CAV 2 for me in the past but only when I disabled the Mass Mailng Protection.

Eric

I’ve said several times already in this Forum that this does not work for me.

Right, then the only option, for the moment is to either remove CAV as previously stated and use CAS or remove CAS and use CAV.

CAVS Version 3 is coming out, hopefuly by this time next month.

Eric