Comodo Anti-ViruSpyware Wishlist v2 [CLOSED]

I would like to request detection for unknown email viruses for Comodo Anti-VirusSpyware please.

Hi,

I think it would be good if you had the option to scan files that are in quarantine. This would be useful in cases such as you suspect it may be a false positive, you’ve submitted the file and want to check the file again to confirm it is a virus.

Also, when a virus is found it would be good if CAVS gave a sound alert. This may be useful if a user is away from the computer to alert them to the infection. It would be good if these sounds could also be changed by the user.

Mike

I keep thinking it would be good to have the more “standard” first and second actions to take when a virus is found (for both on-demand and on-access)… clean, quarantine, delete, prompt for action.

LM

How about some command line parameters that will produce a report.txt after each and every download scan that is based/named on the file name that was downloaded.

Right now I can produce a single .txt file which is over written when the next download takes place. This would be a record that a scan took place and (if opened) will tell somebody what the results of the scan was: Good/Okay or Virus!!/bad.

I have reservations about the overall success of the HIPS scans and a central database to refer back against. For each Checksum change a new upload will take place. How many millions of programs and tidbits of information can Comodo process and have something useful?

SpywareTerminator is very unobtrusive and virtually hindrance free. I thought HIPS from COMODO was going to burn up my processor before the program was finally setup in a manner that only sent selected folders and not my whole ■■■■ hard drive.

I’d like to see the safelist creator (UPSDbMaker.exe) functionality be added as a button on the main interface (even in the HIPS settings section), so i don’t have to run the .exe manually.
I was trying to find out how to run the safelist creator after installation (as I did not create the DB on installation) and i had to search the board to find out how. Not everyone who uses the product will do that.

Thanx!

-Tony

I think HIPS should have option to trust applications digitally signed by given company ;]
I’ve got about 8782 files at submit queue and almost all of them are signed by Microsoft (:NRD)
…COMONDO Antivirus Submit says it can not connect to server ;]

I have another wish that would help a LOT regarding a BIG problem I have had the last days.
We have installed Comodo AV in a lot of internet cafe`s and for security reasons/conflicts we have disabled the HIPS function…, but the users of the computers… can of course just enable HIPS control themself, which have made a lot of problems for us.
This could be solved with the function that now MOSTLY of the antivirus program offer;
PASSWORD PROTECTION FOR SETTINGS!!!

Request:

1. Scheduled Scan to run regardless of who is logged in (fast user switching) and the option to go along with that whether the computer should be brought out of standby/locked/etc.

2. Support for multiple users. (This might solve no. 1) e.g. To be logged in with one user and still have the CAVS icon show in taskbar on another user and to be able to run scans etc. or otherwise use the CAVS GUI for the main program.

Hi,

The CAVS will be made suitable for fast use switchin soon. The team were focusing on some important bugs and development in the software first, before focusing on this. It is scheduled to be completed soon.

Mike

Improvement of safelist

As I installed The GIMP now ( http://www.gimp.org/ ), none of the exe-files seemed to be in the Comodo safelist. That’s alright if you just execute a couple of files, but the GIMP wanted to execute A LOT of files, perhaps 50 files or so. Then I had to allow every single file for CAVS. (also sent them to Comodo so you can add them in the safelist)

Here’s my suggestion: Make it possible in the CAVS GUI (or in a context menu) to add all files of a folder to the safelist! With that feature, you can just rightclick a folder of a newly installed program, and automatically add all files to the safelist. I’m aware of the fact that a little risk may occur here, if a “bad file” happen to be in the folder, but it would still be a useful feature for some purposes - e.g. when executing the GIMP for the first time so you don’t have to allow about 50 files to execute…

Thanks Comodo.

Hi LeoniAquila,
You have got option to mark some files/folder as safe. This is called as “user marked safe files” and HIPS not not alert for them.
To do that chhose
Comodo AntiVirus->Settings->HIPS Application control->Manage Allow/Block List->Manage.
Then select Show “show User maked safe files” radio button. Now click on “Mark Safe” button and select your file/folder to be marked as safe.

regards
Kishor

Sorry Comodo, I’ve found that you already have this feature in the settings for HIPS. My mistake! Well done, I’ll use it later.

EDIT: thanks kishork, I’ve seen this now and it makes me really happy :slight_smile:

My wishlist :

1. Enlarged viral database.

2. Reduced drag on the system. With the shield on, Comodo does
    slow down the system significantly, reminding me of Norton and
    McAfee in their 2004 versions. The penalty on processor speed
    appears to be even more than AOL’s Kaspersky.

3. Reduced usage of system resources. Comodo’s memory-resident
    applications take up some 70 mb of memory. To reduce this, I take
    out “Cmain.exe” from the registry startup, which loads the interface
    icon onto the taskbar (22 mb), and disable “Cavaud.exe”,the
    auto-update feature (20 mb), for a total savings of 42 mb.
    I can access the interface from the menu or a desktop icon,
    which uses no memory.

This leaves “Cavasm.exe”, the main engine, which still uses
    a significant 30 mb.

4. Improved scan engine sensitivity and speed. Comodo’s scan
    speed is relatively slow. Currently the faster scanner I have
    noted is Bitdefender, followed closely by Antivir.

5. An option to select “Delete” in addition to “Disinfect” and
    “Quarantine” in both the manual scanner and shield settings.

6. A startup engine, similar to that of Norton, Avast and Prevx, which
    scans the System32 folder and perhaps the registry for viruses
    and trojans in DOS and removes them before Windows loads in
    and they havea chance to become memory-resident and create
    havoc. Avast’s engine is particulary advanced and efficient in
    this respect. Many antivirus/spyware programs, even the
    commercial ones, lacks this very important feature which
    I think is critical.

Centralized database update deployment (a la Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition) would be nice… a great bandwidth saving :slight_smile:

I believe that this will be in the Management Console and will include updates for the firewall as well - double bandwidth savings. The management console is aready on the drawing board, but there are no announced development schedules yet. Hopefully, once V3 of the firewall is released we’ll hear more on this. Hint! Hint!

Watch this space. :wink:

Ewen :slight_smile:

Whoa! So that’s what the fuss about Comodo Security Suite is all about… drool

First off let me say that I really like CAVS And I only have one wish… for CAVS to be recognised by Micro$oft Security Centre. I have this currently set to “I’ll monitor AV myself”. Everytime that I ask Micro$oft to monitor CAVS it doesn’t recognise it and says that my system is not being monitored for viruses. Any chance this can be done?

Regards
aliascef

My wishlist…

1. More malware/virus defs—detection is the key for prevention
  2. Lets not put trust to the HIPS for prevention because my mom and dad will not give time to understand it. Thus, making it ineffective for some.
  3. strengthen the on access shield shield.

In short, make it a set it and forget it Anti-Malware

add p2p shield and make a seperate antispyware application.

Hi Matt. Comodo does have a separate antispyware. It’s called Comodo BOClean Anti-Malware.