Comodo And Windows Security Center [Resolved]

Hello. I just reinstalled Comodo firewall today. I’ve been checking out other firewalls, so it’s been a couple of months since I last ran Comodo. All the firewalls that I’ve tried have been completely removed.

After installing Comodo firewall, Windows Security Center says that Outpost firewall is turned off. To get rid of the icon in the taskbar, I turned off the Security Center monitoring. Why doesn’t Comodo show up in Windows Security Center? Everything seems ok with my subscription and license type, which shows Lifetime and Full. Do I need to uninstall and reinstall Comodo?

If you have “completely removed” your previous firewalls, why does the Windows Security Centre still know about Outpost? :wink:

Have a look at

https://forums.comodo.com/index.php/topic,2479.msg19751.html#msg19751

Download the ZIP file atached to the post and run the script file. All you should need to do then is reboot and the repository folder will be rebuilt and CFP will be acknowledged by the Security Centre.

Cheers,
Ewen :slight_smile:

Believe me, Outpost was removed. I did a thorough search, and there was no sign of Outpost on my computer. Why it shows up in the security center, I don’t know.

But that is besides the point. I ran the script file, and that did the trick. The security center was cleared of Outpost.

Thank you Ewen. :slight_smile:

I do have another question, but I will start another thread.