Comodo and restore point

I’m new here and need some help.

When installing software Comodo gives us the option of creating a restore point when an alert message pops up. However, I’ve recently noticed that no restore point is created after ticking the appropriate box.
Is there a solution to this?
Geekbuddy keeps notifying me that I qualify to use ‘him/her’ but I cannot find out how to make contact :frowning:

Any help with this?

KnutM

welcome to the comodo forum and thanks of being a part of comodo family.

which product are you using and which version?

Thanks for quick reply. Comodo Internet Security Premium, version 5.5.195786.1383

KnutM

i will say to use comodo internet security premium v 6.2.285401.2860 this is the latest version of comodo internet security premium. which has more features than v 5.5.195786.1383

Note:- please don’t try to install the new version over v 5.5.195786.1383. do a clean install the new CIS v 6.2.285401.2860. if you try to install the new version over your old version of CIS than may be you will face some trouble with it and don’t try to import the setting that you have changed in v5.5.195786.1383

after uninstall the old version of CIS clean all the leftover registry files then install the new version. I hope it will help you. :a0

It does not work and in version 5.10. At least these points are not visible.
And not sure what works in version 6. Although not tested. Who can looked? ???

But you can create yourself a problem. See the a bug report.
Thanks.

Thanks Sarkar and Jenny - I’ll give your suggestion a go. If this fails I’ll put in a bug report as suggested by you, Jenny

you are welcome. happy to help you. ;D

I’m happy to report that v 6.2.285401.2860 is now installed and working - Windows Restore Points are being created when needed. However, I could not locate any Comodo v 6.2.285401.2860 called Comodo Internet Security PREMIUM. The programme I got was simply called Comodo Internet Security 2013 and it is far from similar to Comodo Internet Security Premium which I had before ??? So is the v 6.2.285401.2860 a Premium software or one with limited attributes?

You have the correct version installed. However, does it not say Comodo Internet Security Premium in the upper left-hand corner.

Negative Chiron, nowhere can I see the word Premium. I’ve attached a screen shot of what I see on the desk top.

[attachment deleted by admin]

So it is a separate FW. ???
This is not a complete CIS.

my friend you are using comodo firewall. use comodo internet security premium latest version that i said to you before also.
cis added much more features in v 6.2 than cis v 5.5.

please try the new cis latest version.

Thanks Sakar and Jenny - don’t quite know why I did not find the Premium on earlier attempts, but now success.
I’ve decided to go Pro after seeing the Comodo Firewall and purchased 3 licenses. I liked the new version. :-TU