comodo and "no-script"

i use firefox with the “no-script” extension. no-script is basically a whitelist based filter to block the running of unwanted scripts while online.
is this a duplication of what comodo does in defense+ ??

Greetings!

Defense+ and NoScript are two different softwares. Defense+ is like a firewall for your OS. It monitor a lot of different things that happens on your system.
NoScript block different plugins and scripts.
So keep NoScript for the extra protection it adds to Firefox!

D+ is alot more then just that. D+ is a behavior blocker and a full features HIPS. I copied this from the No Script site.

It allows JavaScript, Java and other executable content to run only from trusted domains of your choice, e.g. your home-banking web site, and guards the “trust boundaries” against cross-site scripting attacks (XSS).
Such a preemptive approach prevents exploitation of security vulnerabilities (known and even unknown!) with no loss of functionality…

This is from the Comodo main page.

Defense+ Host Intrusion Prevention System

With Comodo Firewall Pro 3.0, we added another critical layer of protection to an already excellent firewall. Defense+ is one of the most advanced Host Intrusion Prevention Systems available in any desktop security program.

* Bulletproof protection against root-kits, inter-process memory injections, key-loggers and more
* Authenticates the integrity of every program before allowing it to load into your computer's memory.
* Alerts you every time an unknown or untrusted applications attempts to run or install
* Blocks Viruses, Trojans and Spy-ware before they can ever get onto your system
* Prevents unauthorized modification of critical operating system files and registry entries

thanks guys,
so, aside from everything else that defense+ does, will it specifically post an alert if a script attempts to execute using firefox?
i don’t mind having both programs on my system. i just need to know if i am duplicating my protection.

You are not duplicating your protection. No script is protection for Firefox and D+ is protection for your entire computer. No Script cannot save your pc from malware but it can make a web site more secure. They are two different things.

thanks vettetech and ragwing.
i see the difference between the two now.