Comodo 3.5.x Error with installers/updaters

Ok, so I was updating a program, and Comodo popped up saying this is not a known program blah blah, and I knew what it was, it happened to be an updater for xfire, so I selected “updater/installer” and switched to installation mode, however it keeps popping up the messages, halting the installation until I confirm all of them, which is about a foot-load of them measuring in millimeters.

I’ve also tried to select the install file as “trusted application” which should allow it, but it still pops up the messages.

Any help is appreciated.

|Random|

What exactly do you need help with?

CG

I’m curious as to why CF doesn’t recognize that I set the installer program up as a trusted application, as well as why it won’t recognize that it is in installation mode, which if I’m not mistaken, approves almost anything without requiring user input.

|Random|

Possibly, Is the “Remember” Box is not Checked/

Run Diagnostics (In The MISC Section)
Did any of this help?

CG

Installation was fine… didn’t find anything weird.

Also, when you select the dropdown box for “installation mode” it should allow almost everything anyway right?

Also also, I selected it as trusted application as well. Why/where would a remember check box be for a “trusted application”? Isn’t trusted application basically an easy way of saying “allow always”?

|Random|

Key Word is “Almost”

No, It’s Basically Saying Allow This Action Under The Rules Of Trusted Application

(ex; example.exe wants to connect to the internet, if you select trusted application then it will allow that connection to be anything, if you select outgoing only it will send data and not receive, etc…)

does this help?

CG

Sorta helps, but it still doesn’t answer why CF isn’t registering that I set the program up as a trusted application. Nor was it registering that I had set it up in Installation mode.

|Random|

Possible Re-installation would solve this issue

There is already issues about this, once found i’ll merge this topic into them.

CG

I’ll try the install in a little while… Packers are just startin’ ta play.

|Random|

PS - saint = ftl :stuck_out_tongue:

Green Bay Packers ?

Against Who?

lol

CG