Columns In The Firewall Log Viewer Have Expanded Beyond Control

There seems to be a bug in the log screen for firewall events (maybe for all event subcategories - I haven’t checked) in which, if you click on the top bar to resize the columns, ALL the columns seem to expand by about 6-10 characters’ width.

Long story short, it’s gotten out of hand on my PC and now my columns are so absurdly wide, I can’t manually drag them back to reasonable widths. Even opening the firewall log now causes Comodo to freeze up from the processing load of trying to render such an absurdly wide log table.

So, is there a way I can just reset the table dimensions to default? Where does comodo store the data for the configuration of the log viewer? It doesn’t seem to be part of the general program configuration data that you can export/import via the advanced settings screen.

Yes all columns of any CIS window has an issue with re-sizing especially on high-dpi resolutions. Go into the registry and delete values found in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ComodoGroup\CIS\Grids

It’s a bug since 2017, January the 10th…

Ah! Thanks so much, futuretech, you are a lifesaver!

So it’s a resolution bug, eh? That explains why I never noticed it before. I upgraded to a widescreen a few months ago, after my old 3:4 went kaput. This is probably the first time I’ve checked Comodo’s logs since then.