code 29 error on incremental backup

[05.12.2011 17:27:49:687|000732|CoreRegOpenKeyEx] Cannot open registry key. System error code : 2.
[05.12.2011 17:27:49:687|007009|_COS_OPERATION_CONTROLLER::__internDeserializeAutoResumeInfo] Key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ComodoGroup\Common\COS\AutoResumeFileTr does not exist.
[05.12.2011 17:27:50:156|006146|_COS_OPERATION_CONTROLLER::CheckLoggedInUser] User not found.
[05.12.2011 17:28:01:296|006146|_COS_OPERATION_CONTROLLER::CheckLoggedInUser] User not found.
[05.12.2011 17:28:12:750|006146|_COS_OPERATION_CONTROLLER::CheckLoggedInUser] User not found.
[05.12.2011 17:28:29:984|000732|CoreRegOpenKeyEx] Cannot open registry key. System error code : 2.
[05.12.2011 17:28:29:984|007009|_COS_OPERATION_CONTROLLER::__internDeserializeAutoResumeInfo] Key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ComodoGroup\Common\COS\AutoResumeFileTr does not exist.
[05.12.2011 17:36:17:687|006146|_COS_OPERATION_CONTROLLER::CheckLoggedInUser] User not found.

Is this all? Are you sure you have the correct files in user temporary folder (not windows)?

Thanks

C:\WINDOWS\Temp\ComodoLogsFolder

Is this right?

No, %TEMP% is different than C:\Windows\Temp.
Go to Windows menu → run → type %TEMP%\ComodoLogsFolder and hit Enter (see screenshot).

Thanks

[attachment deleted by admin]

Sorry.
Here the right files!!

Finally we have the results.

The issue was caused by sparse files, which were not saved properly at the end of a backup.

Here are fixes for CBU.exe:
CBU.exe (32bit OS)
CBU.exe (64bit OS)
Just download the proper file above, place it in your installation directory (usually Program Files\Comodo\Comodo Backup) and use it instead of CBU.exe

Thanks

Well, now I can make a full and incremental backup using the same data that was causing problems before, but I can’t mount the backup, as even with the new cbu.exe, I get a “cannot open selected backup file” error when I right-click and select CBU Mount.

This is under XP with the 32-bit CBU version.

Same here: I can’t mount the backup as even with the new cbu.exe.

And attempting to restore the sparse file results in an error, while restoring another file in the backup does work.

The mount operation won’t work because it requires more components (not just CBU.exe), but the backup is restorable.
The mount issue will be fixed with the next release.

Thanks

Please send me or post the CBU.exe.log and CBU.exe.logold.log in %TEMP%\ComodoLogsFolder.

Thanks

When I restore from incremental back up with the new cbu.exe results in an error.

Here are those files…

Thanks.
Here is the fixed GUI.exe
GUI.exe (32 bit OS)
GUI.exe (64 bit OS)

Previous GUI.exe was fixed only for full cbu backups, now it is fixed for incrementals also.

I notice that during a restore (it works now, thanks) that the process size of CBU.exe grows to approximately the size of the sparse file that it is restoring…

Is that expected? If so, I think there could be some problems with restoring files like DVD images which are 4.5Gb on machines with less than that amount of physical memory, regardless of how many other apps are running or not.

No, probably it’s just a coincidence.
The size of used memory depends on the number of files and folders and their total size.
For 100GB of data with 100.000 files it shouldn’t consume more than ~200MB of memory.

Thanks

Thanks

That was the only file I restored - nothing else - and the file size (on disk use) was very close to the same as the CBU.exe process size. I don’t think that’s a coincidence.

Maybe it’s because I restored to a different location, rather than the original folder? Or that the sparse file is handled differently on restore?

The memory consumption is pretty much the same whether you restore a single file or all the files.
Sparse files are not handled differently than normal files from memory consumption perspective.

Thanks

Just did a test:

• restore one bank statement - memory use of 77Mb

• restore 630Mb sparse file - memory goes to about 730Mb, growing while the GUI says “processing item” for that file, then dropping back to about 690Mb when the operation is complete.

• restore a 700Mb non-sparse file - memory goes to 140Mb then back down to 114Mb.

Something appears wrong with the sparse file handling and memory use.

In fact, when restoring from an incremental, the memory leaked even more and eventually hit about 1.8Gb before the restore of the sparse file failed because the system ran out of memory.