CNQ Again: access error at 00495189 accessing 0092b5e8

The bug/issue

1. What you did: Shortly after loading system each day …
  2. What actually happened or you actually saw: An error message appeared on screen … see screen shot.
  3. What you expected to happen or see: Nothing
  4. How you tried to fix it & what happened: There is no other information that I can find.
  5. Details (exact version) of any software involved with download link: No evidence of any other software.
  6. Any other information (eg your guess regarding the cause, with reasons): Only occurs shortly after system load, CNQ continues to run apparently.

Files appended

1. Screenshots illustrating the bug: See attachment
  2. Screenshots of related event logs or the active processes list: Unable to find any information in logs.
  3. A CIS config report or file. Cant upload this!!
  4. Crash or freeze dump file: No such thing.

Your set-up

1. CIS version, AV database version & configuration used: 5.0.163652.1142 6349
  2. Whether you imported a configuration, if so from what version: merely updated from 4.1
  3. Defense+ and Sandbox OR Firewall security level: Clean PC Mode sandbox is off.
  4. OS version, service pack, no of bits, UAC setting, & account type: XP Pro SP3 patched up-to-date
  5. Other security and utility software running: None
  6. Virtual machine used (Please do NOT use Virtual box): No virtual box running

[attachment deleted by admin]

Do you know what kind of application cnq.exe is? Is it may be part of cool and quiet?

Do the Defense + logs bring any clarity here? Is there any blocking activity regarding cnq.exe? If so please post a screenshot.

Also see if any of the workaround as described in App. is not working correctly, but does not seem to be s/boxed. What to do? helps to solve the problem or not.

Once Again I seem to have shot myself in the foot. I was convinces that CNQ was a part of CIS since That was the only software I had updated/changed before this error started happening. I now find that it’s a part of “ASUS Cool and quiet” on my machine.
I’m sorry for any inconvenience I have caused…

That’s no problem. Please try the techniques in the link Eric gave to solve this problem. I’ll move this to help so you can get assistance with that. If you cannot resolve it - please ask any mod to move the report back here.

Best wishes

Mouse