[CMS 3.4.3205] No Firewall (RESOLVED)

Hi

The new release of Comodo Mobile Security 3.4.3205 mentions that a firewall has been added yet I am unable to see/manage this feature. I upgraded to this version and also uninstalled and reinstalled again but no firewall is present :'(.

Btw, nice interface :-TU

:slight_smile:

Phone: Huawei Y550-L01 (4.4.4)

Hi

From the Mobile Security page at the top left select the 3 horizontal lines. You can then select the firewall option to enable/disable.
However, I found with the firewall enabled, when I selected the Google App I got a message " sign in error".
Also when I used Settings/about Phone/System updates I was not able to check for updates.
Disabling the firewall resolved these problems.

Moto X Play/Marshmallow

I don’t see this option on my phone. Is your phone rooted?

Graham

My phone is as supplied by Motorola (not locked). So far as I Know it is not rooted.
I am using the latest version of Comodo Mobile Security 3.4.3205 downloaded from Play Store.

How odd :-. When I click on the top left icon (3 bars), I see the following options (in order) from top to bottom.

Schedule Scan, Call Blocking, Safe List, Recent Activities, Scan Logs, Settings, Help and Feedback and Terms and Conditions.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Graham

I downloaded Terminal Emulator for Android and as far as I can see my phone is not rooted.
On my CMS the Firewall is listed after Scheduled Scan and before Call Blocking.
Have you tried to uninstall and reinstall CMS?

[attachment deleted by admin]

Yes, tried reinstalling after updating. I have even uninstalled and reinstalled again but the same as before.

Firewall also missing from my Hudl HT7S3 (4.2.2).

Firewall option only working on Android 5.0 and upper versions.

That would explain it :(. Thanks for replying.