CmdAgent uses a proxy server I have not entered; cannot update AV sigs

Hi,

i made a fresh install of CIS 3.10. Previously on this machine were installed version 3.8 and version 3.9.
I’ve got a problem with cmdagent while downloading AV sigs update.

Looking at active connections, cmdagent open a connection with a proxy server ip address I specified in previous version. I don’t use it any more :slight_smile: Looking at Explorer 8 settings, there’s no proxy settings. Also there’s no checkmark under proxy setting in CIS options. Using “Import IE settings” makes of course a blank entry.

Why can’t I ovverride this old setting in CIS? Please note that I make a fresh install so I DO NOT import old configurations of previous CIS installation.

Cis version is 3.10.102363.531

Is there any files under cis configuration I can edit to remove this entry? It’s a strange behaviour. For example, the update module is acting correctly not using any proxy. It’s just the cmdagent that still opens a connection with the unused proxy IP.

Thanks for your help.

Simon

Other information: using netsh winhttp show proxy from command line states that no proxy is used.

When you look at the proxy setting in CIS under Miscellaneous → Settings are they there?

Is this a clean update of 3.10 or is it on top of 3.8 and 3.9 using the program updater?

You can try a clean install of the new 3.11 and see what happens. For 3.10 it is recommended not to import any old configurations.

You can get it here: https://forums.comodo.com/feedbackcommentsannouncementsnews_cis/comodo_internet_security_311108364552_released-t44417.0.html .

I fixed the problem. It was a clean update with a new fresh configuration. CIS proxy settings were empty. Also IE8 has empty proxy settings (and works great as well as CIS updater).

So I decided to make a full registry scan with RegScanner to find occurrences of proxy IP address used by cmdagent.exe. I’ve found some entries in HKEY_USERS and HKEY_CURRENT_CONFIG under Software/Microsoft/CurrentVersion (maybe paths were different, I can’t remember them)

I deleted those two proxy entries in the registry and cmdagent.exe finally connected to the Comodo server :slight_smile:

Please tell developer to have a look at registry entries and look at where cmdagent.exe takes default proxy values in the registry repository.

Hope this thread could be be of help to comodo developers.

Best regards

Simon

Thank you for pointing this out. It is in the right board so the devs should see it.

I looked under the two keys you mentioned on my system but couldn’t find the paths you mentioned.