CMDAGENT Service & No Internet

Hi

I have been tweaking my system with Hardware Profiles and Windows Services. I’ve just installed comodo firewall and all is good, however I’m having a problem with the cmdagent service.

On one hardware (and windows login account) for games, I want to completely disable comodo. I can disable everything fine apart from cmdagent. When I disable that service, I loose my internet connectivity completely!

I know thats the problem because when I re-enable it, I can then connect to the internet!

Does anyone know why?

I connect to the internet through an onboard wireless device on my laptop.

Hi jabujabu, welcome to the forums.

You loose connection when you halt cmdagent because you’re not meant to do that. There are still active system drivers & CFP will think it has been attacked… which it was… by you. LOL ;D. The easiest way to stop CFP is to right click on the systray icon, set the Security Level to Allow All & right click on it again & select Exit. All done. cmdagent will be present but no longer active.

Hey

Thanks for the quick reply.

Thats quite interesting as I have CFP installed on another computer that doesnt use a Wireless connection with a disabled cmdagent service and it still connects to the internet fine!

As I’m using hardware profiles, I’m going to have a go at disabling it from device manager in Non-plug and play devices - it should work… hopefully!

Hey, just a note to say it worked!

Thanks kail.

If anyone wants to do this:

Run cmd.exe
set devmgr_show_nonpresent_devices=1
start devmgmt.msc

Click view, show hidden devices and disable both the comodo entries under “Non-Plug and Play Drivers”