"cmdagent.exe", Villain?

Hey.

Just recently, with no prior change to the Comodo Firewall Pro settings, I’ve noticed a very laggy computer. As most would, I opened up the task manager and saw normal memory usages for all (18 other) processes, but a certain “cmdagent.exe” was raving with 102,636K. Also, the right click menu from the tray icon fails to show up, and operating the Comodo interface is impossible if not extremely frustrating…

The sluggishness of my computer has gone down a bit, but it flucuates. I read somewhere that this might be a problem with Comodo’s update function, perhaps it is reading a bad update and looping, trying to search for the right one?

Any help would be appreciated.
-Jesse

Hi; For a point of reference my cmdagent.exe is running at 7652k.
Not sure how to cure your problem though.
Perhaps a techi will appear shortly.
Mike.

I had the same problem and it was because of some plugin of Firefox 2 browser, this is discussed in “cmdagent.exe 100 % CPU Usage w/ Firefox 2” topic.

I have read that topic, though I use Firefox v3, so this probably wouldn’t relate. I did disable “COMODO Firewall Pro Helper Service” and reboot, manually launching Comodo Firewall Pro (with the service disabled), and cmdagent did not exsist, the problem was solved. However, after enabling the service like it should be, and rebooting, cmdagent.exe continues to lag the computer.

Bump? :X

I left my computer on overnight, only to find that in the morning cmdagent.exe is still at it (now with 114,040K!). My guess for a solution is to manually update it, like actually replacing the files, but I’m not sure… hopefully a Comodo person can read this ^.^

Try completely uninstalling Comodo using this tutorial: https://forums.comodo.com/help_for_v3/comprehensive_instructions_for_complete_removal_of_comodo_firewall_pro_3_with_safesurf_toolbar_info-t17220.0.html . I just it to good effect (didn’t clean the Legacy keys in the registry).

Thanks, I knew that was coming, but it did work. Hopefully COMODO doesn’t start acting up again, apart from that it’s great.