cmdagent.exe slows down scrolling

Hi,

When scrolling e.g. a PDF-file or in the software control panel of windows, with each scroll cmdagent.exe memory usage goes up to about 35% and then down again. This slows down the scrolling. E.g. each scroll in the software control panel takes up to 2 seconds.

What’s going on there?
Is that a bug or can I do something in configuration of CIS?

Regards

CIS 4.1.150349.920
Windows XP SP3

Is CIS Scanning your system?

Regards
BlackList

Hi,

I’m sorry, I don’t understand your question.
Do you mean whether CIS AV is scanning the system? No, it’s not installed.

The activity of cmdagent.exe is this: After opening the file or panel: One click on the scroll bar (or turning the mouse wheel) - cmdagent.exe activity goes up to about 35% for 1-3 seconds, during this time the application doesn’t react - then down to 0% - next click and it begins again.

Meanwhile I found out, that scrolling a PDF-file will only cause activity of cmdagent.exe, if I am using PDF X-Change Viewer. When using Adobe Reader or Foxit Reader cmdagent.exe remains on 0%.

But the deceleration of scrolling the software control panel still kills my nerves.

This behavior has not always been the case, I don’t know when it started (with updating to v.4?)

Deactivating Defense+ stops the reaction of cmdagent.exe

Defense±settings: General: safe mode, no boxes checked
Monitor: all boxes checked

cmdagent.exe is always busy (high usage), i think this is normal, maybe there will be a lower usage in version 5/2011.
You can always sumbit a ticket at http://support.comodo.com/

Regards
BlackList

What version of Acrobat are you using?

Are anymore people experiencing this? What OS are you on?

I tried with a test version of the upcoming 2011 and I see no such thing happening on Win 7 x86 and Acrobat 9.3.3.

what do you have the av set to onaccess or stateful?

As mentioned before it is not Adobe Reader triggering this behavior, nor is it Foxit, it is PDF X-Change Viewer - and the software control panel of Windows XP.

As mentioned before, CIS AV is not installed, I am using Avast! Free v.5