CMDAGENT.EXE in SUSPENDED mode and locking up system

A. THE BUG/ISSUE (Varies from issue to issue)
Can U reproduce the problem & if so how reliably?:
Problem can be reproduced quite often, everyday.
If U can, exact steps to reproduce. If not, exactly what U did & what happened:
1: Try to load network with some high bandwidth, in my case it is enough to run utorrent client on my PC for download some movies and in the same time run web browser and start to browse via internet. If network activities is low, this issue never happened.
2: After a while, 5-30 minutes PC totally freeze, no CTRL-ALT-DEL actions possible, just reboot can help.
One or two sentences explaining what actually happened::
This is log from Reliability Monitor can be run via search box: “view reliability history”
Faulting application name: cmdagent.exe, version: 7.0.55655.4142, time stamp: 0x534eeb61
Faulting module name: cmdurlflt.dll, version: 7.0.53315.4132, time stamp: 0x5331cecc
Exception code: 0xc0000417
Fault offset: 0x00000000002112a8
Faulting process id: 0x104
Faulting application start time: 0x01cfaa8670e9ddce
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\COMODO\COMODO Internet Security\cmdagent.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\COMODO\COMODO Internet Security\cmdurlflt.dll

One or two sentences explaining what you expected to happen:
It should work as expected. This issue started about 2-3 CIS updates ago. And this is not only my case please see this topic:
https://forums.comodo.com/firewall-help-cis-b135.0/-t103851.0.html

Any software except CIS/OS involved? If so - name, & exact version:
uTorrent 3.4.x, Opera12.X

B. YOUR SETUP
Exact CIS version & configuration:
CIS Premium Free 7.0.317799.4142
Modules enabled & level. D+/HIPS, Autosandbox/BBlocker, Firewall, & AV:
All configurations by default.
Have U made any other changes to the default config? (egs here.):
No
Have U updated (without uninstall) from CIS 5 or CIS6?:
No
Have U imported a config from a previous version of CIS:
No
OS version, SP, 32/64 bit, UAC setting, account type, V.Machine used:
Win7 Ultimate, 64, UAC On, admin account, no VM
Other security/s’box software a) currently installed b) installed since OS, including initial trial security software included with system:
No

C. ATTACH REQUIRED FILES (delete this section (section C) after attaching required files)
Always attach the diagnostics file (instructions on how to do this provided here) and the KillSwitch Process List (instructions on how to do that provided here and put the resulting file in a zip file. Both should then be attached to your post.
Note that additional information may be requested by the processing Moderator.

Please try reinstalling by following the advice given in this topic. I realize that it may not solve this, but following these methods will allow the devs to rule out many possibilities.

Please let me know when you have re-installed by following those methods, or if you have any questions. Then let me know if the issue still persists.

Thanks.

Reinstallation from scratch did not help.
Please ask your programmers what does it mean:
Exception code: 0xc0000417 in module name: cmdurlflt.dll
I think issue can be easy localized in CIS source code by this mark.

Is the issue you are experiencing the same as that reported here?

Chiron
Looks like yes, it is very similar and exception has the same number.
Also, as I note in initial description, other users reported about the same issue:
https://forums.comodo.com/firewall-help-cis-b135.0/-t103851.0.html

Before I mark this as a duplicate of the bug already reported, which I hope will be fixed soon, please check and see if URLfilter solves this issue.

Note that this is not to say that it is not a bug. I am just making sure it is the same issue as has already been reported. Please let me know what happens if URLfilter is disabled.

Thanks.

Ok, I have disabled “Website Filtering” via GUI: Comodo Internet Security Website Filtering, Internet Security | COMODO
Will see on CIS behavior. After collecting some statistics in one or two weeks I will post result.
Thanks for workaround.

Thanks. Let me know what you find.

Has the behavior changed after disabling Web Filtering?

Hi
Looks like disabling Web Filtering feature of CIS can prevent to suspend cmdagent.exe. One week testing, no more PC freezes.

In that case it does seem like the same issue previously reported. Therefore, as there is already another bug report for this, I will move this one to Resolved.

Please feel free to respond to the other bug report that you are experiencing the same issue.

Thank you.

As for me, more real conclusion for close this bug will be “Duplicated”, but of course, final conclusion is up to you.

For the system used by the devs it is the same. Thus, it is less cluttered to have only one topic, and easier for them to follow. Don’t worry, the issue has not been lost or forgotten.

Thanks.

I'm having a similar problem

and from what I could see we
have Opera (my version 24) as your browser.
Could this be the problem?
Because few people report this
problem.
sorry my english

Is the issue you are experiencing the same as that reported here?

At the moment I don't have CIS installed, due to multiple freezing uninstalled, but the next time you make a formatting do not test install Opera to see if the problem continues. If I am reporting here on the Forum. Since already thank you very much for your attention.
 Some time ago I reported on the Forum a problem of the firewall be blocking my connection vuze remote. (I can only connect if you disable the firewall) This keeps happening I'd like you (chiron) to do the test for finding

I have responded to your other topic. I believe it will likely be fixed in the next update, although I do not know for sure.

New installation stall did yesterday without the Opera Browser and so far unfettered
       It really can be incompatible with it. :azn: :- :-TU :-TU

Hi,

I have exactly the same problem, with the same version and have the same exception coed, etc.
I first experienced this issue on 31 July and as I can see the creation of this topic was around my first detection too.

This bug is still in the system because I had a complete freeze today as well due to this error. :frowning:
I’ve just switched off “Web Filtering” as suggested earlier and hope that this will solve the problem.
But I count on this as a workaround only and not as a final solution.

Do you work on this issue yet?
Is there any progress on fixing this issue (can you reproduce the freezing, did you find the root cause, etc.)?
Is there any ETA when there will be a comodo update with a fix for this issue as well?

Regards,

Peter

And one more question: why is this issue moved to the “Resolved/Outdated Issues - CIS” folder?
This issue is not solved and not outdated either.