cmdagent.exe high cpu

Hi,

I’m sorry if this has been asked before (I have found similar posts) but I cannot figure this out.

When loading nero.exe
cmdagent.exe uses between 95% and 100% cpu usage and therefore it takes a little over 8 minutes to load nero.
I haven’t noticed this issue with any other program.

I am on CIS:
version 5.8.213334.2131
AV Update 10616

Thank you,

Regards,
Ed.

Try disabling the AV and see if that helps or not.

When it doesn’t help try the suggestions in App. is not working correctly, but does not seem to be s/boxed. What to do? [v5] and see if they help or not.

Hi,
Can you please tell me the exact version and name of the Nero product you have been using?

Hi,

Thank you for the replies.

I am using Nero 6.

Yes disabling the AV does help, but only when I remember to disable it before starting Nero. If I try to disable the AV after starting Nero it takes ages.
I don’t want to have to try remember to that every time.

Kind regards,
Ed.

What operating system are u using ? Nero 6 was released in 2005.

if your using vista or 7 it might be giving the OS a hiccup. right click the exe. and adjust the compatibility tab.

or maybe add nero to the antivirus exclusions list

take a look at Ashampoo Burning Studio 10. make you throw that nero in the trash.

http://www.ashampoo.com/en/usd/pin/2610/Burning_Software/Ashampoo-Burning-Studio-10 !ot!

I don’t think that Nero is your problem.
Maybe this post will be of interest: https://forums.comodo.com/antivirus-help-cis/how-can-i-kill-cmdagent-t78500.0.html

Hi,

Thank you again for the replies.

I added nero.exe to the AV Exclusions list and also to the Defense+ Execution Control Settings Exclusions list.
Still the same cmdagent.exe total cpu usage happens.
So I have taken nero.exe back out of both lists.

Disabling Defense+ makes no difference but when disabling the AV nero.exe starts in seconds.

My OS is Windows XP Pro

Best regards,
Ed.

EDIT: Sorry, I should also point out that nero.exe is listed in the Trusted Files list of Defense+

Update:

Due to another issue I recently freshly downloaded and installed CIS.
The nero issue is still there and the only resolution I have seen mentioned is replace Comodo AV with an alternative from a different provider. I don’t want to that. I really do like CIS.

I’ve been having a related problem, not only is cmdagent.exe usually the highest CPU user, but also bangs on the hard drive badly as well while SAFE programs are loading. I tried various things, and the only thing that seemed to have an effect is disabling the Executive Control (Defense+ Settings/2nd tab). It’s not what I wanted to do, but having significant failures with other companies’ firewalls, it’s the only way I could make CIS act in a reasonable fashion.

There’s something wrong with the way Executive Control functions, as even when a program is safe and the company certificate is verified, it still acts like the program is untrusted. I’ve tried reinstalling CIS many times, completely deleting all traces of it (which it does leave some detritus), and that didn’t help.

Sandbox at least sometimes works now, though it keeps sandboxing one of my online games every time in updates no matter what I do.

Windows 7 64 bit

Does’t Execution Control check for buffer overflows? Isn’t a good thing to check trusted applications for BO’s? Otherwise the trusted application just open a door to be exploited?

If you have the time and energy please consider filing a bug report in the Bug Reports - CIS board following the format as described in FORMAT & GUIDE - just COPY/PASTE it!.

Reporting of bugs is strictly moderated to make sure Comodo gets clear bug reports. So, please make sure you closely follow protocol. That way your report will be seen by Comodo staff.

Completely disabling BO checking will make your computer less secure.

Sometimes when an application is not working properly excluding that application from BO protection can help to make the program work.