Cmdagent.exe greatly delays opening of screensaver dialog box [NBZ ]

I’m just wondering whether you have screensaver archive files in that diretory as well? (eg .zip or similar). IF so this may mean this is another manifestation of an already reported issue.

While not a bug in a very strict sense sense, this is a potential problem for users I think. Devs need to be aware there is a performance issue. Could you try moving your sceend savers (all execpt one or two) to another directory please ans see if that reslves the issue too?

Incidentally I think CIS may treat screensavers as executables, which they are I guess.

May forward it, just so devs see there is a performance issue.

Best wishes

Mouse

There were no archive files of screensavers in that folder. Moving the additional screensavers to a subfolder did resolve the issue but now, of course, they don’t show up. And yes, screensavers with the scr extension are executables. You can rename them to .exe and run them to set the settings and you can run them with /s on the command line to preview them. Also take note that moving them to a subfolder took a very long time even though a normal cut and paste would be almost instantaneous. There were over 700 MB of files and Comodo scanned them all before allowing them to move.

Thanks for the additional clarification, most helpful of you. Moving to format verified and marking NBZ

Mouse