cmdagent.exe + CurrPorts - freeze & high on cpu resources

Hello,

here it goes: I lauched a CurrPorts just to see which ports do I have open - CPF started to pop-up some messages about SCM access (of course I allowed SCM access for CurrPorts) and then the Process Explorer got frozen so I could not close Currports for some 30 secs.

I am not 100% sure if this is CPF fault but the high CPU utilization by cmdagent.exe (please look at the attachment) suggest that something’s going on (it required a reboot to go back to normal).

Best Regards,
Adam

[attachment deleted by admin]

Well seems to me your running too much security and the same security. why are you running TF if you have D+? Why are you running A-Squared in real time if you have Avira. You only need 1 behavior blocker and 1 av in real time. Why don’t you shut off or uninstall A-Squared and TF and see what happens. You have too much overlapping security. I see your also using Returnil. You don’t really need anything else but that running cause if you get infected just reboot and its gone. You really need to trim your security set up. I only run Comodo with D+ and NOD32. Also you do not need the Nvidia driver service running. Set that to manual.

Well, I’ve never experienced any problems with CPF + TF config :slight_smile:

Why are you running A-Squared in real time if you have Avira.

Interesting, I didn’t take any special care about that - but I use a free A-Squared version, which doesn’t have a realtime protection. So, strange (or maybe not) that it has it’s process active.

You only need 1 behavior blocker and 1 av in real time.

Well, it depends to the way you approach it. If I did as you said, I should have also removed BOClean…

Why don't you shut off or uninstall A-Squared and TF and see what happens. You have too much overlapping security. I see your also using Returnil. You don't really need anything else but that running cause if you get infected just reboot and its gone. You really need to trim your security set up. I only run Comodo with D+ and NOD32. Also you do not need the Nvidia driver service running. Set that to manual.

I DO need nVidia driver, because I need the ability to change display quality setting on-the-fly - I’ll look for an alternative solution later…

Well, I did launch CurrPorts in exactly the same config as before - looks like everything’s going fine. Strange.

Best regards

I over looked BOCLean. So from your Process Explorer screen shot you are running the following in real time. May I ask why?

Avira
BOClean
A-Suared
Comodo
Threatfire
Returnil