'cmdagent.exe' constantly causes 30-45% CPU after Windows 10 Upgrade [M1578]

A. THE BUG/ISSUE (Varies from issue to issue)
Can you reproduce the problem & if so how reliably?:
The bug occurs shortly after reinstalling CIS Premium on my HP Elitebook 8560p running Windows 10 Professional 64 bit.
If you can, exact steps to reproduce. If not, exactly what you did & what happened:
1: Clean re-install of CIS Premium after upgrading from Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit to Windows 10 Professional 64 bit. Using Geek Buddy Cleaning tool twice and manual removal of any remnant traces of CIS Premium. Re-installing using most recent CIS Premium installer from Comodo. HIPS running in safe mode after learning the behaviour of all apps installed.
One or two sentences explaining what actually happened:
CPU usage peaks at 45%, cmdagent.exe (Comodo Internet Security Helper Service) constantly causes 30-45% of CPU usage and appr. 60 MB of RAM usage, system is no longer responsive. If I deactivate HIPS completely both CPU and RAM usage drops significantly and system becomes responsive again.
One or two sentences explaining what you expected to happen:
Expecting lower impact on system performance and lower CPU and memory footprint when HIPS is activated, especially in adaptive mode.
If a software compatibility problem have you tried the advice to make programs work with CIS?:
No.
Any software except CIS/OS involved? If so - name, & exact version:
No.
Any other information, eg your guess at the cause, how you tried to fix it etc:
Deactivating HIPS helps but is not an acceptable solution to the problem.
I’ve noticed that HIPS seems to forget rules. I sometimes can hear the sound for a Comodo alert during the Windows 10 shut down sequence and next time I start my notebook HIPS seems to have forgotten several rules … I’ve also noticed that some HIPS alerts point to an application/file “System” and when I click on “System” to check the application/file it just shows me the whole Windows 10 directory! Sometimes Comodo HIPS does not detect the application that wants to create or modify some .etl files …

B. YOUR SETUP
Exact CIS version & configuration:
CIS Premium 8.2.0.4703, Internet Security
Modules enabled & level. D+/HIPS, Autosandbox/BBlocker, Firewall, & AV:
FW: Custom Ruleset; D+/HIPS: Safe Mode; Virusscope and Autosandbox: Activated/On
Have you made any other changes to the default config? (egs here.):
HIPS Enhanced mode turned on
Have you updated (without uninstall) from CIS 5, 6 or 7?:
No.
if so, have you tried a a a clean reinstall - if not please do?:
Not applicable.
Have you imported a config from a previous version of CIS:
No.
if so, have you tried a standard config - if not please do:
Not applicable.
OS version, SP, 32/64 bit, UAC setting, account type, V.Machine used:
Windows 10 Professional 64 bit with all updates, UAC as recommended by Windows 10 (second from top on UAC slider)
Other security/s’box software a) currently installed b) installed since OS, including initial trial security software included with system:
a=No. b=No.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Hi Lars Behnke,

Could you provide a link to full dumps (recommended: 3+) of ‘cmdagent.exe’ process while you’re experiencing the issue?

Thank you.

@qmarius:
PM with DL-Link sent.
Cheers,
Lars

Some additional observations …

I’ve noticed that HIPS seems to forget rules. I sometimes can hear the sound for a Comodo alert during the Windows 10 shut down sequence and next time I start my notebook HIPS seems to have forgotten several rules …

I’ve also noticed that some HIPS alerts point to an application/file “System” and when I click on “System” to check the application/file it just shows me the whole Windows 10 directory! Sometimes Comodo HIPS does not detect the application that wants to create or modify some .etl files …

Cheers,
Lars

Thank you very much for your report in standard format, with all information supplied. The care you have taken is much appreciated by Comodo, and will increase the likelihood that this bug can be fixed.

Developers may or may not communicate with you in the forum or by PM/IM, depending on time availability and need. Because you have supplied complete information they may be able to replicate and fix the bug without doing so.

Should be fixed with version <10.0.0.5144>.

Thank you.