A. The bug/issue
- What you did: I was trying to submit some files using the submit files function inside CIS
- What actually happened or you actually saw: saw a message from windows saying software had message, said cis crashed
- What you expected to happen or see: NA
- How you tried to fix it & what happened: reboot fixed it for now
- If its a software compatibility problem have you tried the compatibility fixes (link in format)?:
- Details & exact version of any software (execpt CIS) involved (with download link unless malware):
- Whether you can make the problem happen again, and if so exact steps to make it happen: will try agian after I submit bug report.
- Any other information (eg your guess regarding the cause, with reasons):
B. Files appended. (Please zip unless screenshots).
- Screenshots of the Defense plus Active Processes List (Required for all issues):
- Screenshots illustrating the bug:
- Screenshots of related CIS event logs:
- A CIS config report or file.
- Crash or freeze dump file: Attached
- Screenshot of More~About page. Can be used instead of typed product and AV database version.
C. Your set-up
- CIS version, AV database version & configuration used: 5.9.2197, av 11707 stock config
- a) Have you updated (without uninstall) from from a previous version of CIS: NO
b) if so, have you tried a clean reinstall (without losing settings - if not please do)?:
- a) Have you imported a config from a previous version of CIS: NO
b) if so, have U tried a standard config (without losing settings - if not please do)?:
- Have you made any other major changes to the default config? (eg ticked ‘block all unknown requests’, other egs here.): NO
- Defense+, Sandbox, Firewall & AV security levels: D+= safe mode , Sandbox= enabled , Firewall = safe , AV = stateful
- OS version, service pack, number of bits, UAC setting, & account type: Winds 7 64 bit sp1, UAC off, admin account
- Other security and utility software currently installed: MBAM ondemand
- Other security software previously installed at any time since Windows was last installed: avast, trusteer rapport
- Virtual machine used (Please do NOT use Virtual box): none
[attachment deleted by admin]