cmd.exe execution denied [Resolved]

When I attempt to run cmd.exe I get the following windows error message: “Windows can not access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item.”

I did not see any Comodo pop-up windows asking me to allow or block cmd.exe. Here is what I have tried to resolve the problem: I have went into Comodo v3 > Defense+ > Advanced > Computer Security Policy and added c:\windows\system32\cmd.exe to the list of allowed applications. After that I attempt to again run cmd.exe and get the same error message. When I disable Defense+ I can run cmd.exe.

I am running Comodo Firewall v3 on Microsoft Windows XP Home edition with SP2.

Thanks.

Greetings!

I suppose that with “allowed applications”, you mean that you just added it to Computer Security Policy? If that’s the case, go to Defense+AdvancedComputer Security Policy and doubleclick %windir%\explorer.exe. Now click Access Rights and then Modify… next to Run an executable. In the newly opened window, go to Blocked Applications. If cmd.exe is there, remove it (and add it to Allowed Applications).

Cheers,
Ragwing

Your solution solved the problem. Thank you!

No problem. I’ll close this topic now. PM an online moderator with a link to this topic if you should need it opened again.

Cheers,
Ragwing