Cloud enabled, about same duration scanning

Cloud enabled, about same duration scanning! I don’t know if it’s an indicator or not of whether the Cloud module is working or not? I’d rely rather on Comodo, there’s something I’m missing!!! :slight_smile:

I guess that means the cloud may be down when you tested it because the scan with cloud takes longer.

One of the wishes made for v5 was to have an indicator to whether the cloud is active or not. That would have helped here I suppose.

That would be really great!!! :-TU

https://forums.comodo.com/beta-corner-cis/cloud-status-indicator-t61025.0.html

Otherwise i’d assume it was not working in your case. Because scan time with cloud enabled is significantly higher. Users really have to know if cloud is working or not. Just as we trust airbag indicator in car dashboard to inform us if anything is wrong with the airbag system. Sure it can go wrong anyway sometimes but at least you’re not wandering in the dark most of the time wondering if cloud is working or not at all…

since i switched to v5 , every online lookup verdict I try comes back “unknown” :-\ and most (80%) of fresh malwares picked up on MDL are NOT detected by AV… :-TD

we need a cloud indicator and maybe a cloud log (showing the last hour activity for example)

We also need to know if a malware has been caught by the cloud or by signature

+1 :wink:

Could a mod or an admin please explain to us why the cloud is not working and why almost 80% of malware is getting past comodo with the av? That is not normal. We have the right to know is the cloud even working is their something wrong with it is it down? Why are we not getting any responses after days…

I guess that simply means that Comodo is not detecting those new malwares. The cloud does not make it magically detect more; it just makes it get to the users faster.

Remember that these days so much new malware get produced that no signature based solution can keep up with that. I can see you disappointment but you are expecting miracles in my humble opinion.

That is not normal. We have the right to know is the cloud even working is their something wrong with it is it down? Why are we not getting any responses after days.....
Add your support for a cloud status indicator.

Yes, without wanting to be sarcastic, we would like a cloud indicator feature on the next version (hopefully “final”) WORKING

https://forums.comodo.com/beta-corner-cis/cloud-status-indicator-t61025.0.html;msg429810#msg429810

as you can see it will be implemented.