Cloud computing for CIS

Don’t create a brand new program for cloud usage. Just create sort of an adon that you can turn off and on. That way you can relay on signitues and a cloud and you could turn off the cloud when there is a known server outage, and just work off the dbs alredy present on your computer. I know this seems like a lot of work, but it would be easier to shrink down the db dize. O0 :slight_smile: :slight_smile: ;D

Well… Since there is D+… Even if there was a server outage, You’d still be protected.

A better idea would be to have CIMA working offline. Rather than having it built into the AV engine, it should be integrated into CIS as a separate “on-demand” scanner to scan with, files, those whose integrity you are not sure of.

Just like the online scanner, the file will be scanned by CIMA, and an analysis-sheet, with a verdict on the file, will be produced.

CIMA is a more powerful technology than cloud scanning, IMO.

Please include cloud antivirus feature in Comodo antivirus, its very effective in protecting entire community, especially when many people having problems in updating there antivirus database.
With Cloud security all of us be protected very quickly, without much heavy updates.

you can’t rely on cloud computing because of a few things, one of them being server load, if Google cannot be stable when doing cloud computing how can anyone else? And lots of malware disable the internet connection so without local signatures you are ■■■■■■■. A local CIMA type of heuristics I would like to see though, and maybe if the local heuristics finds something suspicious it could submit the file to the online CIMA server for a thorough analysis.

The perspective of turning the userbase in a sample gathering endpoints got some potential. If this option get through count me in :-TU

I recently forwarded an idea that I believe is similar to this. The thread is here:
https://forums.comodo.com/empty-t48303.0.html

Very good point Languy99, cloud antivirus can be then additional component (other than normal antivirus)

Whereas file submission is already a part of CIS, an heuristically filtered sample submission would be an alternative to the current Pending files lookup/submission approach.

Considering that an unmanned pipeline is more likely to provide faster responses even under high load, a CIMA report lookup would be an option as well (especially in case a report is already available) though maybe an implementation of DAISY could fit such scenario.

Not entirely unrelated the integration of CIMA reports and threatcast data could provide some more informations to the benefit of endusers though I guess even the addition of informations the likes of what filenames/paths an hash is related to could provide some useful clues (in case the aliases do not pertain system restore).

From the mod board:

With the cloud servers doing an online look up from My Pending Files may flag a file as malware before the AV does.

Do these servers stay up better than the Threatcast ones?

Let’s hope so. There have been enhancements promised for Threatcast with v4 though.

How many servers does Comodo actualy have for cis, cloud and other safety management. Google has 500.000 in 2008 and growing, what does Comodo have around the world to speed up?