Client infected with Dialer

I posed a few things, trying to help the original poster already,

I am not going to “report you” using any PM to any moderator… do what you want

Your last message is useless since you could PM instead of unreasonably distracting this thread
which kinda went towards the right direction (possibly)

Thanks

1. As mentioned, I’ve already uninstall DialerSheild.

2. That post links me over to another forum off-site. I think it’d be nice if Comodo could tell us what to do on-site without relying on others for support…

Also, I think the problem was fixed, but the malware and/or ComboFix had removed some core components. The problem is that even after running “sfc /scannow” it still did not really fix anything. Therefore, I convinced them to install Linux. Works great and much faster than Windows.

As a secondary note, I think Comodo should have an option to completely disable all of it’s updates/scans/remote connections. These were all introduced with the latest version and really drain people with slower Internets. The “Scan in cloud” is quite a unique feature, but I think there should be a EULA mentioning it before uploading all of our data though.

Feel free to close the topic. 88)

Hi Gaming4JC,

not visiting another site seeking help - is definitely your personal choice

that what I was talking about when posting about running the Tool without the supervision.

Well Linux is indeed a very good choice
And yes it will run faster on same hardware configuration
Just a side note - if you would install Linux on very old PC where MS Windows practically cannot perform at all (for many reasons) & having out-dated/ sometimes obsolete hardware/ low on RAM/ etc. - that’s where you can appreciate Linux - it will run & run faster than… 88) say Vista on more contemporary systems :smiley:

True & that was already discussed here in the forum. Basically disabling/enabling of all/any additional components better be implemented into the Installation Wizard

Since you are the creator of the thread, actually you can lock it yourself :wink:

Cheers!