Clicking widget opens CIS incorrectly when Catalyst HV/MD running [M1404]

Hello qmarius,

Here is the reformatted videos (Microsoft Video 1 AVI):

Best Regards,

hjlbx

We actually have to dump more accurately, if possible.

1. Disable HIPS.
  2. Reset Sandbox.
  3. Download this tool & extract the archive.
  4. Run “main.exe” & wait ~10 s.
    note: do not close any window that’s created. (for now)
  5. Replicate the conflict, again.

Is there any dump file created?

Thanks.

Hello qmarius,

I have determined that the problems on my system occur only when various AMD/ATI Catalyst Control Center (CCC) components are sandboxed; the issue is not an incompatibility between CIS and CCC, but rather that CCC does not function properly when sandboxed.

This issue has been [RESOLVED] by not activating the Proactive Security profile until after a Rating Scan has been completed and all Unknown AMD/ATI Catalyst Control Center modules are transferred to the Trusted Files list.

Alternatively, I have used HIPS “Training Mode” until transferring Unknown CCC files to Trusted Files list.

The above methods prevent Defense+/Behavior Blocker from auto-sandboxing CCC components…and my system has been working fine.

However, there is one major issue that remains:

If CCC components are permitted to be sandboxed, then once that happens, transferring them from Unrecognized to Trusted Files will not fix any system issues that are the result of being sandboxed. Correcting the problem can only be fixed by uninstalling and reinstalling CIS - following one of the methods I describe above.

The issues that arise will vary depending upon which CCC components are sandboxed.

Thanks,

hjlbx

Although you might be right, there is obviously a driver conflict there. Of course, it happens in the situation that you have mentioned but it should be fixed by devs. Similar applications might be developed to interfere in the same way.
I hope you understand.

Thank you.

Hello,

I ran both main.exe and main_x64.exe. Neither created any dumps.

Most of the AMD/ATI Catalyst Control Center modules are no longer detected as Unrecognized by Defense+.

However, some form of conflict is still present:

This time after enabling HydraVision, HydraDesktopManager and HydraMultiDesk it caused cis.exe and cistray.exe (Widget) to stop running. Both disappeared. However, I was able to get them to reappear/restart by selecting the desktop CIS icon.

Secondly, console opens in upper left corner with white background. Same issue reported earlier. (See screenshot).

Finally, after a system reboot there were processes that were automatically running in the sandbox without any alert. (See screenshot). Note that this exact same behavior was observed during the last instance of installing CIS 8 and activating AMD/ATI Catalyst Control Center. The previous videos clearly show it.

Attached:

Screenshot of processes autorun in sandbox after system reboot
KillSwitch process list
full KillSwitch dumps of processes autorun in sandbox after system reboot (OneDrive linki: https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=2C645D108A1E40C7!1790

This is as far as it goes.

If someone from QA or one of the developers wish to remotely connect to my system then I am all for it, but otherwise I have to end this Bug Report here.

Thanks,

hjlbx

[attachment deleted by admin]

Hello,

The devs have not marked this as Fixed in the tracker. However, sometimes bugs are fixed by the release of new versions, but not marked as Fixed in the tracker.

If you are able please check with the newest version (CIS version 8.1.0.4426) and let me know if this is fixed on your computer with that version.

Thank you.

Fix confirmed by OP.

HJLBX

Hi hjlbx,

Could you please clarify whether it’s fixed or not? “Fixed” and “Confirmed” are two different statuses, actually. :slight_smile:

Thank you.

All of the CIS-AMD\ATI compatibility issues I reported have been fixed on my specific system.

Actually, v. 8.2.0.4508 performance on my AMD system is the best I could hope for: low CPU load under typical computing, low RAM usage, fast reboot, no AMD\ATI driver issues.

Thanks to the forum Moderators, dedicated users and everyone at Comodo.

Best Regards,

HJLBX

Thank you. In that case, I will move this report to “Resolved” section.

Thanks again.