Cleaner_Validator.exe

I have had slow EVERYTHING since this THING popped up.
wasted so much time on it.
I have done the:
run/services.msc & stopped all processes on it.
any more issues & I WILL delete the whole thing!!!
I had liked the proggie… I was a version 1.1 user in 97 when Kevin 1st started.
S U C K S ever since they booted him.
Steve

Ummmm …

Comodo System Cleaner has nothing to do with the privacy cleaner that Kev put out. This was developed from scratch in the Romanian development labs, as far as I know.

Cheers,
Ewen :slight_smile:

Hi there,
Do I need the Cleaner_Validator.exe util to stay resident in my PC memory in order to use the CSC application, or can I just start CSC, and the application will then detect wich files etc to clean on my PC at that time ???

Hi there,

Do I need Cleaner_Validator.exe to stay resident in my PC memory in order to use the CSC application, or can I just start CSC, and the application will then detect wich files etc to clean on the PC ???

/Nike

Hey and warm welcome to comodo forums Nike_DK!

cleaner_Validator.exe must be on if you want it to do its job.

Regards,
Valentin N

Hi Valentine,
Thank you for your kind and warm welcome here on the Forum - I look forward to stay here and learn a lot regarding the various comodo products etc. :slight_smile:
Yes Valentine, It’s correct that Cleaner_Validator.exe util must stay resident in memory when cleaning the PC - But (as far as I can see) you don’t need it the rest of the time, and thus you can safely stop the CSC service running under the XP Services manager in the control panel.
When you need to clean your PC again you simply starts your CSC application again, (not the CSC Service) and the resident Cleaner_Validator.exe util AUTOMATICALLY loads again as a TSR program in memory, until you again stop the CSC service itself by hand on the PC.
I’ve been using the application like that, and it works just perfect protecting my PC from this memory hungry application.
Thus most of the time you DON’t need Cleaner_Validator.exe staying resident in your memory taking up a lot of ressources + CPU power (sometimes up to 60%) etc. on your PC
Regards
/Nike

I am running 3.0.172695.53 and since I updated to version 3, it has been dragging my system so much that my motherboard is signalling memory overload. It’ll do that before my system goes BSOD. The cleaner_validator.exe is running not only when the rest of the system is idle, but also runs during heavy application use. I use Process Explorer, which allows me to watch it as it eats CPU cycles.

I’m going to try to find version 2 until this problem is fixed, or I’ll just dump the System Cleaner altogether. I like it better than CClean, but CC only runs when I tell it to.

::sigh::

I was checking windows resource monitor to see what background processes were slowing down my PC, and using oceans of memory.
Cleaner_validator.exe and Windows search indexer were the main culprits.
In particular, the comodo service for the cleaner really slowed things down. whether it’s some kind of conflict with Windows 7 or what? uninstalling it was my option.
If a utility is supposed to be helping me maintain my computer’s health, then it should at least have its own operation under control first.
Comodo Firewall is a great product, but I am not sure about the rest yet… :-\

Same problem here.
What a disappointment! I was so happy with COMODO System Cleaner 2.0 and have recommended it to everyone. But the BASIC DESIGN of 3.0 is simply broken:

There is absolutely NO need for registry cleaning to be an ongoing process! It is something you do every few weeks, only needed after installing/uninstalling software. That’s how 2.0 worked and it was GREAT!
With 3.0 one now has to mess with service configuration to prevent Cleaner_Validator.exe from running all the time.

I did not know COMODO and came across its free System Cleaner when looking for a true 64 bit registry cleaner. COMODO really gained my respect with 2.0. A technically great program at no cost - best advertising you could think of! Unfortunately 3.0 completely undoes this. For me 3.0 is useless and I will uninstall it and go back to CCleaner until 3.0 gets an option that completely gets rid off and disables Cleaner_Validator.exe.

:-TD

Hi. I am a new Comodo user. ZAP was just getting too buggy for me. So last weekend I installed Comodo Firewall, Comodo Backup and CSC. I too had the issue with cleaner_validator.exe pounding my core i5. Bugs are one thing, but I find it more than unfortunate that Razvan (Comodo official?) would post that this process only grabs CPU when system is idle.

I opened Google Chrome from which I watch Netflix on my HDMI connected 2nd monitor. On the laptop screen I ran some monitor apps and sure enough, the usual 25% to 75% activity on my cores were pegging out at 100% when cleaner_validator was running. The same was true with Quake3 when I ran some recorded game matches (demos use less CPU than live action) which didn’t usually peg out my cores either. But cleaner_validator was doing it’s thing smashing them cores up to 100% with game vid hiccups galore. So yes. I set that process to manual start up and just kill when I’m Done with CSC

:-\ What gives Razvan?

dont expect a reply from him. he said that problem was going to be fixed in the next beta release but nothing has been released for about 2 months and no word from him either. it seems like everyone has given up on csc. as for comodo backup and firewall you made a great choice and will get all the help you need for both.

I am also having a problem with ZIP files appearing corrupt when Cleaner_Validator is active, I am using WINZIP 9.0 SR-1. I almost deleted some very important zip files until I realised by chance that if I shutdown cleaner service then I can access my zip files again. So now I have to shutdown Clean_Validator every time I open a zip file!

First post here, and I’ll jump straight in. Has anything been done about this resource-heavy beastie yet? It’s regularly using 50%+ of my CPU and the noise the fan makes is really irritating as it cools down my system entirely due to the presence of this program.

I recently bought Comodo Internet Security Complete 2012, and it’s great, freeing up resources and speeding up my system after having removed a certain Russian-sounding AV program, so it’s a pity that CSC has this ongoing issue… Or does it? Have I overlooked a fix, please?

Although I created a recent post reporting a problem with CSC, I don’t believe the following has anything to do with the reported problem, as I’ve been using this process for months without any issues. Nevertheless, use it at your own risk:

Copy the following into a file with a .vbs extension, then run it anytime (by double clicking) to simply terminate Cleaner_Validator. You may find that CV is restarted after a CSC update. I’ve created a Scheduled Task to run the script shortly after the Update is scheduled to run:

Option Explicit

Dim objWMIService, ObjShell, colServiceList, ObjService, errReturn

Set ObjShell = WScript.CreateObject(“WScript.Shell”)

Const strComputer = “.”
Set objWMIService = GetObject(“winmgmts:{impersonationLevel=impersonate}!\” & strComputer & “\root\cimv2”)

’ Stop dependent services, in case there some
Set colServiceList = objWMIService.ExecQuery (“ASSOCIATORS OF {Win32_Service.Name=‘Cleaner_Validator’} WHERE AssocClass=Win32_DependentService Role=Antecedent”)

For Each objService in colServiceList
errReturn = objService.StopService()
Next

Wscript.Sleep 500

’ Stop required service
Set colServiceList = objWMIService.ExecQuery (“SELECT * FROM Win32_Service WHERE Name=‘Cleaner_Validator’”)
For Each objService in colServiceList
errReturn = objService.StopService()
Next

↑ Thanks for that! :wink:

When is something going to be done about this - on an older system running win XP sp3, with only one processor - this process can lock the whole system for minutes (yes… minutes!) at a time.

Just use comodo system utilities

I have recently been investigating issues causing slow boot and sluggish
response on my machine. In task manager, I noticed that cleaner_validator.exe
was at the top of the list for memory usage with the system idle. I don’t
recall that CSU ever informed me that it was going to install another service
on my machine, so I went into services configuration and disabled it.

The machine is booting much faster now, and the system, in general, has a
much more responsive feel to it. Too bad… I was just starting to get cozy with
this utility.

Regards.

I use CSU portable which has no services or processes in the backround

clean_validator.exe is not a process of comodo system utilities it was replaced/removed. you must be using comodo system cleaner. CSU is still in beta and it has many bug fixes.

Here is the download