Clean up registry tool for CSI - COMODO

Hi,

I have read the thread about the removal script: Comodo Forum

I guess it works fine, but I would like to know if an official COMODO Internet Security removal tool is on schedule or not. Anyone knows if such tool has been requested on the wish list tread already?

Thanks.

Instead of releasing a separate utility, the function should be added into COMODO System Cleaner. If CSC’s registry cleaning is improved enough to be able to pick out all traces CIS leaves behind, a specialized tool won’t even be needed.

I have personally asked Comodo about a clean-up tool for CIS, but the default uninstaller is considered to be sufficient.

I guess including such a feature in CSC would not satisfy those who don’t care for system cleaners, nor know anything about them.

I have personally asked Comodo about a clean-up tool for CIS, but the default uninstaller is considered to be sufficient.

As the name implies a product cleaner removes all traces. There are already some threads related to a complete CSI removal. There is always a good use for such tools product related. Reading your answer I guess it is a vain request. M$ considers the windows uninstaller to be sufficient >:-D

I guess including such a feature in CSC would not satisfy those who don't care for system cleaners, nor know anything about them.

Right, but there are also people using CSI and not CSC. Developing a better system cleaner and providing a removal tool for a given product are two different things.

The clean-up tool is not good enough. I ran a scan with it after a CIS uninstall, and it didn’t thoroughly sweep up all the registry entries left behind by CIS.

U r talking about CSC right? Because there is a also a non official clean-up tool available for CSI removal on the board.

No, I was referring to the stand-alone uninstaller - the batch file.

The batch file was made by a user. I believe this is the unofficial uninstaller that nomnex was mentioning.

correct. I would like to have a COMODO CSI full removal tool supported and updated.

The batch file made by a user is for versions up to 3.8 or 3.8. I don’t know if it is supported with the version 3.9 or if it will be updated.

As for CSC, it is - foolish? I don’t know a good word?- to expect it doing to such task. It is a system cleaner, not a removal tool. Besides CSC’s market target seems more orientated to the low end of the system cleaners (ccleaner, etc.) - than to the high end products (jv16, etc.)

NB: the last statement is a personal judgment.

I said that the “batch file” does not do a proper cleaning. Hence, it needs improvement.

CSC is a system cleaner - The batch file’s function is a part of CSC’s job. CSC removes all unnecessary registry entries and files; the batch file removes CIS specific unnecessary registry entries and files. An excellent cleaner will miss very few errors - it will have removed all CIS related errors.

Integrating the stand-alone remover into CSC seems quite reasonable. Since both products are from the company, it will be nothing more than fair-indirect advertising.

I am not suggesting that the stand-alone tool be abandoned. I am only saying that it isn’t good enough.

I second that, but I would not nourish too much expectation regarding CSC.

EDIT: There is now a PowerTool Light from Macercraft. It is Free. My personal choice would go to ccleaner with PowerTool light. I currently use MV RegCleaner, now version 5.9 to remove the leftover. It is Free. But I will definitely use jv16 soon again on my personal computer.

PS: this is open source http://littleapps.co.cc/lilregcleaner/index.html (not tested)