Clam AntiVirus

ClamAV sucks. They all will fail. But BitDefender, Kaspersky, Avira, Avast won’t fail as badly. Oh, I didn’t mention NOD32’s removal capabilities. Also not the best. :slight_smile:

Oh, I didn't mention NOD32's removal capabilities. Also not the best.
You sneaky german ;D
BitDefender
BitDefender? BitDefender ?! What are you talking about. This is the most bloated antivir ever made. I tried the beta's (the latest 2) and it really crashed my computer. It had something to do with the parental control. Once I activated it, it completely blocked everything, even itself. So my computer had become useless. Spoken of control (:TNG). Secondly, ever tried the 2008 version. It found 18 malware on my mothers laptop. Whereoff 4 FP, and he didn't even manage to kill one !!!!!. It said like, go to this site from bitdefender and it will all work. On that site there was something like, we cannot repair/delete/quarentine it because ... blablabla. SO detection is there, but the repair isn't ??? Then why even use it?
But BitDefender, Kaspersky, Avira, Avast won't fail as badly
Perhaps they won't, perhaps they will. In any case, they will fail.

And ClamAV rulez

Xan

ClamAV recent test - Malware Samples - 9756 - Found - 4785
Scan time 35 min 1sec - Normal Priority
Detailed Scan - How much it didn’t found:
Backdoor - 2213 from 3444
Trojan Horses - 1934 from 3134
e-mail worms - 308 from 1518
Win32 viruses 517 from 1660
Clean System32 catalog scan time 16min11sec

Is that good ? I think not ;D And I’m not German :slight_smile:

As I said I tried all or almost all antiviruses in the market. Like Fortinet, K7, CatQuickHeal (from India - what do you think about it Melih :wink: )
And I installed BitDefender 2008 on my exgirlfriends laptop after Norton 2008. It picked up a few bad guys and cleaned the USB stick. Not to mention her PC is way faster now ;D

And I'm not German
I don't care, you're sneaky ;D
Is that good ? I think not
It is !!!! ClamAV rulez, you cheated with the results (:NRD)
Backdoor - 2213 from 3444 Trojan Horses - 1934 from 3134 e-mail worms - 308 from 1518 Win32 viruses 517 from 1660
Where do I reconize those samples from, Burillo ? (:TNG)

Xan

It is !!! ClamAV rulez, you cheated with the results - Nope ! They are 100 % objective !
Where do I reconize those samples from, Burillo ? - Nope again - I liked his system of testing so I copied it, but the malware samples are completely different.

I don’t care, you’re sneaky - yeah - I’m better than Ganda ! :smiley:

http://img03.picoodle.com/img/img03/4/4/29/f_yourem_466b9a0.png

vote for clam AV :-TU … ;D
used clam AV (bundled with Spyware Terminator & bundled with PCmedia AV).
no heuristic >:(

ClamAV is pretty good. It just doesn’t monitor every single step you take on your computer. Other then that its nice to have as a on demand scanner.

Please, friend, don’t advertize ClamAV here, as long as it cannot compete with the WORST AV proggies out there.

The intention of ClamAV is fine. I totally support it.

But to promote it here as a security solution (same would be COMODO AV, sad to say so, at this mom) would be a crime against the world wide user community, including the users of the fine Comodo Firewall.

That is simply not fair.

Give 'em a good Firewall AND give 'em a good AV (that is, being for free, with the best detection rate, AVIRA)

If you tell anybody otherwise (at this moment), well, then you commit a CRIME. not by law. but by honesty.

Please, friend, don't advertize ClamAV here, as long as it cannot compete with the WORST AV proggies out there.
It can, look at placebo antivirus, Clamav kicks his ■■■ ;D