I am unsure what caused this issue, I have a suspicion it is either I need to do a complete uninstall of CIS using the method on the forum, or it may be a small bug with Windows 8.1 u1 64bit.
EDIT: It appears Comodo is not appearing under start-up items in task manager.
1. The full product and its version:
Comodo Internet Security Premium Beta- 8.0332922.4281
2. Your Operating System (32 or 64 bit) and ServicePack revision. and if using a virtual machine, which one:
Windows 8.1 u1 Pro 64bit - Running on my host machine
3. List all the configuration changes you did. Are you using Default configuration? If no, whats the difference?:
All that is changed is check for unwanted applications and a few firewall exceptions.
4. Did you install over a previous version without uninstalling first, or import a previous configuration file?:
Uninstalled previous version and then reinstalled without importing the configuration file.
5. Other Security, Sandboxing or Utility Software Installed:
6. Step by step description to reproduce the issue. Or if you cannot reproduce it, what you actually did before it happened, step by step:
1: Turn on your computer
2: Comodo will not appear in the system tray, and CisTray.exe has not started
3: If you run Comodo Internet Security CisTray loads and stays there
7. What actually happened when you carried out these steps:
Comodo was not appearing in the system tray like it should
8. What you expected to see or happen when you carried out these steps, and why (if not obvious):
For CisTray to be loaded on start-up like it should
[attachment deleted by admin]
Please try reinstalling by following the advice I give in this topic. Be sure to run the removal tool from Safe Mode.
Let me know if that is able to solve this.
This is a known issue that i have already reported in the bug tracker
Sorry, I did not see it anywhere in the Bug reports sections, or is it in a separate place that normal users cannot see?
the bug tracker is private but im just letting chiron know. i responded in the CIS 8 release topic to your response with a workaround
TJ888, if a clean reinstall by following those methods does not solve this I will assume this is the same bug. I will then attach the bug number which wasgij6 is referring to, to this bug report. Then it will be in the format verified section, where all Beta testers can see it.
Please do see if a clean reinstall can fix this. It probably won’t, but I still think it’s worth a shot.
Well I did the clean reinstall anyway using the latest revo unlike in your method on the forums saying not to, plus I did the other removal tool like recommended.
I guess it’s best to get a completely clean install than having remnants of CIS 7.
Anyway, the reinstall did not help and I will just use the workaround for now.
no problem comodo has confirmed this bug in the tracker so im hoping its fixed in the next build
Thank you very much for your report in standard format, with all information supplied. The care you have taken is much appreciated by Comodo, and will increase the likelihood that this bug can be fixed.
Developers may or may not communicate with you in the forum or by PM/IM, depending on time availability and need. Because you have supplied complete information they may be able to replicate and fix the bug without doing so.
Many thanks again.
The devs have marked this as fixed. I will therefore move this to Resolved.
If you find that this is still not fixed on your computer please let me know.