CIS's Internet Security Essentials bugging

Hi cuser,

Thank you for reporting, the team is aware of this issue and they are working on it.
We will keep you posted.

Thanks
C.O.M.O.D.O RT

Hello folk,
Same issue faced. Here is the screenshot : (the value is changing all the time so it is difficult to catch the higher value but sometimes it reach 16%)

It seems that it is COMODO Internet Security Helper Service that use the CPU, even when I close the COMODO Firewall (I’m not able to terminate the helper service).
Hope that will help to solve the bug.
And my uptime is about 8 days.

Thank you!

Hi Eryx,

Sorry for the inconvenience.
We are aware of this issue and team is working on it.
However we will reach you through private message to get required log for further investigation.

Thanks
C.O.M.O.D.O RT

Like I said when memory usage goes over some limit (apparently 700 MB) then it starts hogging processor power and that can go to over 20% (or higher if doesn’t reboot computer).

Would be interesting to see what ISE does after 6 months or 1 year w/o rebooting computer but won’t test, my guess is that since it starts on ~2 percentages and goes up everyday then it would reach 100% at somepoint and computer would crash.

Been “a while” so just curious if any progress?

So my guess is CIS 2024 fixes this since no other news.

1 Like

Well on other comp ISE has upped up and uses nearly 30% of processor power, other stuff is same as before.

ISE hasn’t been updated in years and only an install option with .8012 and earlier. It only worked with Internet Explorer and not necessary. Most modern browsers automatically detect invalid certificates. I never had much issue with ISE but CIS or CF is all that is needed. Current Beta Installer no longer includes the extra software bloat.