CIS + Windows Home Server problem

CIS installs on WHS, which got me overly excited. Everything seems to work great, except manual scans. Manual scans never seem to finish, scans the c drive as fast as usual. But once it gets to the drive pool scanning slows down considerably and then somewhere around 50% done it says it’s still working but I never see the file counter go up and the app doesn’t show up in task manager as not responding.

Hello;

Do you have any other security software installed? also; I’m assuming you have the current version installed?

I tried both the web installer and the 32bit installer (both downloaded 3 days ago from here). So I do believe I am installing the latest.

At the time of testing there was no other security installed, nor where any apps running.

Does it stick at one file? Then cmdagent.exe most likely crashed. You can exclude the offending file and hope not many more files get it stuck.

When you have time on your hands. Please consider filing file a bug report in the Bug Reports - CIS board following the format as described in FORMAT & GUIDE - just COPY/PASTE it!.

Also follow How to determine which file is causing a manual scan to hang to determine what file was causing the scanner to be hung. Please add this information to your bug report.