CIS Win 8.1 Network Firewall is not functioning properly! [solved]

Hello,
As the title suggests CIS is not working.
I have tried the solutions in here: Comodo Forum, have used both cleaning products. installed 3-5 times just in case. changed registry entry of MaxNumFilters to 8.

Clean Win 8.0 upgraded to Win 8.1 with latest updates/drivers/etc… and then I’ve been trying to install CIS. No prior CIS installations.
Disabled Win Defender, Win Firewall.
ran Ccleaner, ran ccleaner registry check, deleted restore points, ran disk cleaner, UAC disabled completely.

Still not working…

dunno what else to do to get this to work…

Attached my log

[attachment deleted by admin]

What version of CIS are you trying to install? Edit. I just checked the attached report and I see you’re using the latest.

The problem is with Inspect driver. Uninstall CIS and then check whether Inspect driver is still installed.

Sometimes it happens that you can’t connect to the internet after uninstalling, using the unofficial clean up tool or trying a manual deinstallation. Then the Inspect driver is still present and needs to be uninstalled.

How to uninstall the CIS firewall driver when it stays present? Look up the properties of the network connection, select the Comodo Firewall driver and uninstall it. See the attached image.

Then reboot and try installing again.

The registry trick was only needed to get an earlier version to work that did not support Win 8.1 when Win8.1 was just released.

Well I did not follow what you have said, but your screenshot helped:

I went to the network properties and saw that I do not even have the comodo filter installed.
Reading through the forum posts suggested number of filters to set was 8 so that was what I had blindly done, but after counting the number of my network cards filters’ I see that I already had 9 filters for some reason :slight_smile:
so increasing that to 20 and rebooting and adding the comodo filter manually and restarting again rectified the issue!

maybe the installer could check the number of filters installed on the system and increase the value accordingly?

just FYI for anyone having similar issues, this occurred on Dell XPS 12 windows 8.0 upgraded 8.1 on a clean install + latest official drivers and tools from dell. I guess the drivers installed the extra unchecked protocol filters.

Thank you!

[attachment deleted by admin]