CIS version .432 won't submit Proactive Defense files waiting for your review

* CPU: 32 bit 
* Operating System information: Windows Vista Ultimate SP1
* Actively-running security and utility applications: CIS .439, CMF, BOClean, SpywareBlaster, Super AntiSpyware, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (all latest versions)
* Specific symptoms of the bug: Proactive Defense files waiting for your review do not send when clicking the 'Submit' button. 
* Specific steps you have taken to try to resolve it: haven't tried to resolve it, because being able to update virus definitions is more important than not being able to submit files waiting for your review in Proactive Defense.
* Brief description of your Defense+ and Firewall+ mode: Safe Mode plus mention if you modified any setting in ADVANCED section of D+ and F+: D+ Advanced\Predefined Security Policies all changed to 'Yes' except Windows System Application\Protection Settings\Windows/WinEvent Hooks set to 'No' and all Isolated Application\Protection Settings set to 'No'. 
* If you pc reboots or you have a BSOD post in  BSODs: Please add your minidump files here: NA
* Report if you are using: Administrator account with UAC Enabled 

The ‘Files are being submitted to Comodo. Please wait…’ popup comes up but immediately disappears. No files are sent and the progression bar never has a chance to even start moving. This started happening after I applied the workaround to the CIS .432 problem of virus definitions not updating. After changing from the Local System account in CIS Helper Service to the Login account, the virus definitions update, but the Proactive Defense files waiting for your review won’t submit. A poster named Donavan who posted in the Feedback/Comments/Announcements/News - CIS forum section under the post FYI: COMODO Internet Security 3.5.55810.432 Update on page 4 had the same problem, stating “However, the files waiting for your review in the “Proactive Defense” section are not being submitted to Comodo for checking.” He had also implemented the workaround for virus definitions not updating in CIS .432.

Edit: see in red above

I can confirm this as well.

XP Home 32 bit.
CIS 3.5, BOClean,
ProActive Security, D+ Clean PC Mode, Firewall Custom Policy Mode. In D+ settings Monitor Settings All check boxes checked.
Have not tried to resolve

The 'Files are being submitted to Comodo. Please wait...' popup comes up but immediately disappears. No files are sent and the progression bar never has a chance to even start moving.

Started doing this just two days ago. No recent changes have been made to CIS settings.

John

With version .437 this seems to have been fixed for me. Thank You

John

Fixed in .439 as well

But .437 has been pulled and reverted to .432.

https://forums.comodo.com/defense_help/how_to_know_if_submit_files_worked-t31090.0.html

Hi i can confirm this also. Was able to submit file prior to CIS Virus update fix. I rolled back change and was able to submit file. Very interesting. (:SAD)

Resolved Window firewall disabled reactivated AVG and fix settings for virus updates and able to submit file with status unknown. The files which appear to not be submitted are already marked as safe. try the lookup option in my pending files.
Cheers

Version .439 fixed my problem with virus signature database updates not working when the CIS Helper Service login was set to Local System account, but I still can’t submit pending files. The ‘Submitting the file(s) for analysis’ window pops up, but then disappears in about 2 seconds or less. The file submission progress bar never even has a chance to move. I wonder if anyone has found a workaround for this?

Having the same problem with update version .439.

Donavan,
Did you see my post back in the FYI: COMODO Internet Security 3.5.55810.432 Update [CLOSED] under Feedback/Comments/Announcements/News - CIS?

In regards to the 4 key under Configurations in the Registry, I read somewhere in a post that it has to do with import settings. If you had your settings saved and imported them after reinstalling CIS, I believe that is when this 4 key would be created. I did not import any settings, so I only have keys 0-3.

In regards to mcbuilder.exe, by adding this executable to the Comodo Memory Firewall’s Exclusions list, I have successfully stopped it from hogging CPU resources. CPU resource usage fluctuates some, being a lot higher especially at bootup, but for the most part has been staying below about 10% for a full day now, so I am satisfied that this works. This information was posted on November 29 and my CPU usage is still staying very low, sometimes down around 1 or 2%.

Larlyles - thanks I did pick up on your post.

If the mcbuilder problem resurfaces again I will try your solution.

A full month plus a few days have passed and still there is no solution to this problem.

Hey guys what happening??

I’ve had files sitting in the “My Pending Files” and “My Own Safe Files” area
in the Defense + section for almost 6 weeks now.

The files just never get submitted. If one of them is a problem file it means that CIS has
left us all exposed for 6 weeks.

Moving files from on list to the other has not helped.

What gives?

I too have this problem. There are 419 files waiting for my review. When I try to submit them nothing happens. What should I do? I’m using version 439 by the way.