I’ve just installed CIS version 4.1.150349.920 (NEWEST) and click “Update Now” in the “Summary”,
It’s downloading “BASE_END_USER_v5892.cav” until about [14 MB/101 MB] and always failed at that point.
It always says “Failed to update the virus signature database. Please check your internet connection and try again later.”
I’ve tried many times and got the same result…I don’t know what’s wrong, please help
My internet connection is fine…
My Notebook :
- AMD Turion 64 X2
- OS Windows Seven Ultimate 32bit
- Comodo Internet Security version 4.1.150349.920
- Administrator Account with UAC disabled
- Antivirus Security Level : Stateful
- Antivirus > Advanced : Scan memory on start
- Firewall Security Level : Safe Mode
- Firewall > Advanced : Create rules for safe application
- Defense+ Security Level : Clean PC Mode
- Defense+ > Advanced : Create rules for safe application
Sorry for my bad English…
Please try using this program, and following the steps, to update the virus database manually. Hopefully after that it’ll update normally.
It says “The application failed to retrieve information from your installation of CIS. Please verify that CIS is properly installed. You can’t use Comodo Database Updater inthese consitions !”
Now I’m trying this one > “Comodo Forum”
Please run Misc, Diagnostics to see if CIS detects failures with the installation.
I’ve tried it, but the diagnostic did not find any problem…
I can’t fix it until now…please help me
I know this sounds stupid, but did you try to uninstall CIS reboot and install again?
If you will you can install CIS 2011 it’s currently in RC3 release and pretty stable for most people.
And they have make huge changes over version 4.
You can find it here
Yes, I have tried to uninstall and install again twice…
I think I’m gonna try the new version, thanks everyone!