CIS updater always displays message for the background mode[M475][V6]

Nice…
:-TU

Thanks for the video, this bug has been previously mentioned in the following bug report reply 8.
CIS updater always displays message for the background mode[M475][V6]

BTW: The response time of the test system in the clip appeared extremely sluggish.

As these two issues appear to be the same I will merge them, as the video could be a good way of illustrating exactly what the first bug report was reporting.

Hi Every time I boot geekbuddy is displayed (box ticked not to) Task bar returns to default. When updating manually widget displays even though I disabled it.

Please edit your first post so that it is in the format provided in this post. This format will allow me to better understand the bug, and is necessary for me to forward it to the Comodo devs.

Thank you.

boot pc geekbuddy advert dispayed
tick not to display reboot geekbuddy advert displayed
Check for updates when finished widget displayed
boot pc all task bar alterations returned to default

64 bit os

Sorry, I forgot to link to the correct format. It can be found in this topic.

Thanks.

Yes indeed, this the right scenario to reproduce this bug.

update:
video does cover most symptoms.

a firewall service issue started today internet shows connected but no data transfer happens, other tech on same network runs ok, disabled firewall helped a bit, removed cis internet ok, had to reinstall cis, seems ok now but all other faults still remain.

some quick testing shows:

cis installed = all faults
CAV only = all faults
CFW only = all faults

each attempt included several restarts and updates.
also found using the closr X on the hide popup stops this clicking ok causes it.

This appears to be related to the following report.
hide updater resets gui and settings and button bar and widget

Good point captainsticks. I will merge the two topics as they appear to concern the same underlying cause.

I hope Comodo fixes this issue in the next update as alot of issues occur from this updating bug.

I uninstalled CIS rebooted, used the uninstaller tool rebooted, installed CIS rebooted, all up to now seems fine.

Can you explain more please?

OS? Windows XP, Vista, 7, or 8?
32 or 64 bit?

I currently don’t use CIS at the moment, so I can’t be bothered to uninstall my current security product and switch to Comodo.

Win 7 64 bit

what tool?

CIS unistaller tool found onthis forum

Most Effective Way to Reinstall/Update CIS to Avoid/Fix Problems

Be careful with revo I have got the paid 64 bit compatible version. I once used this uninstalling CIS and had to use my factory restore discs my system was wrecked. Don’t know if revo or cis was to blame just for me a bad move (anything else revo’s done a great job)