CIS updater always displays message for the background mode[M475][V6]

A. THE BUG/ISSUE (Varies from issue to issue)

Summary: Please give a clear summary in the topic subject, NOT here.  
[b]Can U reproduce the problem & if so how reliably?:[/b] Yes, anytime

If U can, exact steps to reproduce. If not, exactly what U did & what happened:
a. I ran the CIS updater, either in the widget or gui.
b. Selected the “Send to background option”.
c. Selected “Do not show this message again” in the “Send to background window”
d. Pressed “Ok”
e. Repeated steps a and b, but was presented with step c and d again.
If not obvious, what U expected to happen: the CIS updater should not have asked the same message again.
If a software compatibility problem have U tried the conflict FAQ?: No other software
Any software except CIS/OS involved? If so - name, & exact version: None
Any other information, eg your guess at the cause, how U tried to fix it etc: A bug in the recent CIS update 6.2.282872.2847
Always attach: Diagnostics file, Watch Activity process list, (dump if freeze/crash). If complex: CIS logs & config, screenshots, video, zipped program (not malware).

B. YOUR SETUP (Likely the same for each issue, so you can copy forward)

[b]Exact CIS version & configuration:[/b] CIS 6.2.282872.2847, Internet Security
[b]Modules enabled & level. D+/HIPS, Autosandbox/BBlocker, Firewall, & AV:[/b] All, HIPS=Disabled, BBlocker=Restricted, Firewall=Safe Mode, AV=Enabled at Default
[b]Have U made any other changes to the default config? (egs here.):[/b] Set the Behavior blocker to Restricted.
[b]Have U updated (without uninstall) from CIS 5:[/b] No
   [b] if so, have U tried a a clean reinstall - if not please do?[/b]: I did a clean install of CIS 6.2.282872.2847 but problem persists.

Have U imported a config from a previous version of CIS: No
if so, have U tried a standard config - if not please do:
OS version, SP, 32/64 bit, UAC setting, account type, & virtual machine used: Windows 7, SP1, 64bit, UAC=Default, Admin, VM not used
Other security/sandbox software a) currently installed b) installed since OS: a) Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware Pro b) None

[attachment deleted by admin]

Thank you very much for your bug report.

Can you please also attach the Watch Activity Process List?
Also, please temporarily disable Malwarebytes Pro and see if the problem persists.

Thanks.

I disable Malwarebytes Pro but the problem still persists. Also Do you want me to take a screenshot of the processes running in Killswitch?

Here are the Watch Activity Process Lists

Thank you very much for your report in standard format, with all information supplied. The care you have taken is much appreciated by Comodo, and will increase the likelihood that this bug can be fixed.

Developers may or may not communicate with you in the forum or by PM/IM, depending on time availability and need. Because you have supplied complete information they may be able to replicate and fix the bug without doing so.

Many thanks again.

I have another PC (Windows XP Pro SP3 32-bit) that I updated to CIS 6.2.282872.2847. It has this same issue aswhell. Please let me know if I should upload the diagnostic report from that computer too, to give the Comodo devs a better idea of what the issue is.

That would probably be helpful as well.

In addition to that please give any other relevant specs you believe could be helpful, as it appears that this bug only exists on certain machines.

Thanks.

I can confirm this minor bug, same here on w7x64bit. I’ve done even a clean install but this bug is still there. No extra security software installed, just CIS. I hope this will be fixed asap, since sometime I hit update from the interface. Thank you for submitting the bug first Netguy101

A. THE BUG/ISSUE (Varies from issue to issue)
[ol]- Summary - Give a clear summary in the topic subject, NOT here.

• Can U reproduce the problem & if so how reliably?: yes 100%
  • If U can, exact steps to reproduce. If not, exactly what U did & what happened:run updater send to back then gui resets along with settings
  • If not obvious, what U expected to happen: na
  • If a software compatibility problem have U tried the conflict FAQ?: na
  • Any software except CIS/OS involved? If so - name, & exact version: na
  • Any other information, eg your guess at the cause, how U tried to fix it etc:na
  • Always attach - Diagnostics file, Watch Activity process list, dump if freeze/crash. (If complex - CIS logs & config, screenshots, video, zipped program - not m’ware)
    [/ol]
    report,cis settings, running process list ziped and attached

B. YOUR SETUP (Likely the same for each issue, so you can copy forward)
[ol]- Exact CIS version & configuration: 6.2.282872.2847 settings attached

• Modules enabled & level. D+/HIPS, Autosandbox/BBlocker, Firewall, & AV:settings attached
  • Have U made any other changes to the default config? (egs here.):settings attached
  • Have U updated (without uninstall) from a CIS 5?:no
    [li]if so, have U tried a a clean reinstall - if not please do?:
    [/li]- Have U imported a config from a previous version of CIS:no
    [li]if so, have U tried a standard config - if not please do:
    [/li]- OS version, SP, 32/64 bit, UAC setting, account type, V.Machine used:win7 32bit home uac full admin
  • Other security/s’box software a) currently installed b) installed since OS: a= b=rapport
    [/ol]

steigfus80, I have merged your bug report with a pre-existing bug report as it appears that they are the same issue. Please let me know if I am wrong.

Thank you.

The updater not remembering the hide notification option is the same yes but the other poster does not or has not noticed the fact that after it happens it resets settings and gui config back to default state.

since posting I have checked my mother’s and Sisters computers that both run vista 32bit home ed and as stated I use win 7 32bit we all have this issue since the update that introduced the advance gui. we all have rapport installed as demanded by our bank, does the other poster?

also removed rapport to test still no change

Hello Steigfus80 and RealNature,

Does your taskbar in CIS reset randomly? As this is something I have noticed in this update. I had 3 rows of stuff added and then all of a sudden they were gone, it seems to happen often and it’s very frustrating to the point thst I may or may not want to use CIS again :frowning:

yes after the minimised update the gui reverts from advance to basic the taskbar in cis is reset along with some setting.
try switching to advance then run a update then minimise see what happens it also makes hidden widget show up :slight_smile:

Here is the diagnostic report from my other machine with this issue. Along with the Killswitch Watch Activity.

Windows XP Pro SP3 32-bit
CIS Version: 6.2.282872.2847
Updated through updater
No other security programs on this machine.

Also I noticed the option “Show welcome screen at startup” get’s checked. But no welcome screen appeared when I booted up. Strange it even got checked at all.

I can confirm these issues, really annoying.

+1 these massage from cis are very irritating, please try to fix this issue as soon as possible.

+1

Well found this video on YouTube might want to have a look. The bugs might already have been reported but I felt a video would help you too.

Hope these bugs get squashed soon thank you.