CIS Update Blocks All Internet

Today, CIS told me there was an update, and upon updating and restarting my computer, I was no longer able to access any internet at all. My wifi and ethernet both would tell me they were connected, but nothing on my computer was able to access internet (Dropbox, Chrome, Itunes, Spotify, etc). After turning off the “Enable Traffic Filtering” setting under firewall settings, I was able to access internet normally again.

Prior to the update, I had no issues with internet access at all. Please advise-- I want to enable CIS’s firewall as soon as possible.

Try running Diagnostics and see if that reports anything and if it offers a fix. Diagnostics can be found under the question mark (?) in the upper right corner under Support.

Other than that I would consider reinstalling CIS following Most Effective Way to Reinstall CIS to Avoid/Fix Problems by my colleague Chiron. It will provide a reliable and clean starting point.

Thanks. I ended up reinstalling Comodo, and I followed the guide. My internet worked at first, and after following the settings in the guide, I figured out what was blocking my internet. In case someone else has a similar issue, I needed to uncheck the “enable anti-ARP spoofing” in the firewall settings. I guess it doesn’t work with my university’s network.

Thank you for reporting back. That’s useful information.