CIS tray icon and CIS Widget do not Automatically Start With Computer [M968]

A. THE BUG/ISSUE (Varies from issue to issue)
[ol]- Summary - Give a clear summary in the topic subject, NOT here.

• Can U reproduce the problem & if so how reliably?:
    Yes, on Windows 8.1 logon.
  • If U can, exact steps to reproduce. If not, exactly what U did & what happened:
    1:Start computer.
    2:Log in.
    3:Note that the tray icon and the widget do not automatically start.
  • If not obvious, what U expected to happen:
    When the computer starts the CIS tray icon and the Widget should start.
  • If a software compatibility problem have U tried the conflict FAQ?:
    NA
  • Any software except CIS/OS involved? If so - name, & exact version:
    NA
  • Any other information, eg your guess at the cause, how U tried to fix it etc:
    This seems to be a Task scheduler issue for the CIS scheduled tasks. All the CIS scheduled tasks are enabled, but in fact are not completed.

The CIS tray scheduled task is in waiting and the log message is :
Event ID 325
“Le Planificateur de tâches a placé en file d’attente l’instance « {69bb406f-f444-456e-b4bb-f47906eaee67} » de la tâche « {31DDBD37-5DB7-4030-8064-10B0CAA806C3} ».”
Translated:
The Scheduler task put in queue the instance « xxxxxx… » of task «xxxxxx…»

All other CIS scheduled tasks have the same issue, with same log message, but they are in “Ready” status.
I tried to change the user’s task, and it gave the same issue. (it was “INTERACTIVE” for the CIS tray scheduled task, “SYSTEM” for all others except “COMODO update” task with “Users” group account).

Relevant screenshots are attached.

I can get the tray icon and widget to work okay. in order to do this I click on the CIS shortcut created on the desktop by the installation then i have the CIS tray icon on the task bar + the CIS program interface is opened. I close the CIS program interface and the CIS tray still active in task bar.
So i have 2 new CIS processes opened with my user account the 2 other Comodo processes are with “SYSTEM” account.

Here are some Full Dumps, made by Comodo KillSwitch when the computer was nearly frozen:
cis.exe → http://www.myupload.dk/showfile/c4gzq.zip
cistray.exe → http://www.myupload.dk/showfile/c4zib0.zip
cavwp.exe → http://www.myupload.dk/showfile/c4pb3d.zip
[/ol]

B. YOUR SETUP
[ol]- Exact CIS version & configuration:
CIS Premium 7.0.315459.4132

• Modules enabled & level. D+/HIPS, Autosandbox/BBlocker, Firewall, & AV:
    D+/HIPS, Autosandbox/BBlocker, Firewall, & AV in default setting.
  • Have U made any other changes to the default config? (egs here.):
    Comodo Proactive Security enabled.
  • Have U updated (without uninstall) from CIS 5 or CIS6?:
    No, this is a clean installation.
    [li]if so, have U tried a a clean reinstall - if not please do?:
    Yes, but it did not solve this.
    [/li]- Have U imported a config from a previous version of CIS:
    No
    [li]if so, have U tried a standard config - if not please do:
    Yes, but this did not solve this.
    [/li]- OS version, SP, 32/64 bit, UAC setting, account type, V.Machine used:
    LAPTOP Windows 8.1 Professional 32bits
  • Other security/s’box software a) currently installed b) installed since OS, including initial trial security software included with system:
    a=No b= Default embedded security OS but disabled by CIS installation.
    [/ol]

[attachment deleted by admin]

Please try reinstalling by following the advice I give in this post. See if that fixes this.

If it does not then please also create and attach a diagnostics report to your first post. Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks.

Was reinstalling able to solve this?

Okay, I am going to assume that reinstalling was able to solve this. Therefore, I will move this report to Resolved.

JP06, if reinstalling was not able to solve this please let me know. Also, create and attach the diagnostics report to your first post. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Thanks.

Hi Chiron,
sorry for the delay, but i tested your uninstallation procedure following the links but i have the same issue.

I found that is in fact it is a Task scheduler issue for CIS scheduled task.
All the CIS scheduled tasks are enabled but in fact are not completed.

The CIS tray scheduled task is in waiting and the log message is :
Event ID 325
“Le Planificateur de tâches a placé en file d’attente l’instance « {69bb406f-f444-456e-b4bb-f47906eaee67} » de la tâche « {31DDBD37-5DB7-4030-8064-10B0CAA806C3} ».”
Translated:
The Scheduler task put in queue the instance « xxxxxx… » of task «xxxxxx…»

All other CIS scheduled tasks have the same issue with same log message but they are in “Ready” status.

So my issue is more critical than i thought because in fact i can not have the automatique update of CIS.

I don’t understand what’s wrong with the CIS scheduled task, i tried to change the user’s task => same issue. (it was “INTERACTIVE” for the CIS tray scheduled task, “SYSTEM” for all others except “COMODO update” task with “Users” group account).

COMODO diagnostic report attached to my first post.

If you have any idea…

Thanks a lot.

Thank you. I will move this back to the bug reporting board for processing. I made some changes to your first post. Please look them over and let me know if everything is correct.

Also, can you please explain in greater detail how you are able to resolve this. You said “I can get the tray icon and widget to work okay. To do this I need to click on the COMODO Internet Security icon => the CIS Widget + the CIS tray + CIS api open then i close the CIS api and the Cis Tray + CIS Widget keep open.”

Also, please attach, to your first post, either screenshots or the logs themselves showing the issue you found where the tasks are not completed.

Thanks.

JP06, please extrapolate upon my above question. Also, please attach the requested files to your first post.

Thanks.

Hi Chiron,
to debug and have to CIS tray i neet to click on the CIS shortcut created on the desktop by the installation then i have the CIS tray icon on the task bar + the CIS program interface is opened. I close the CIS program interface and the CIS tray still active in task bar.
So i have 2 new CIS processes opened with my user account the 2 other Comodo processes are with “SYTEM” account.

I put the screenshots as you requested.

Thanks for your help.

Thank you. There is just one more piece of information which is likely very helpful. To get this please follow the following steps.

1. Restart the computer.
  2. Once the computer is started open the CIS GUI.
  3. Then flip the screen to the Tasks side.
  4. Then open the ‘Advanced Tasks’ section and click on ‘Watch Activity’. This will download and start Comodo KillSwitch.
  5. Once KillSwitch is started right-click on any process, select ‘Create Dump’ and select ‘Create Full Dump’.
  6. This will create a dump file, which you can then upload to a file sharing site (such as this one), and paste in your following reply.

Once I have this I can forward this to the devs. However, make sure that when this is made the widget is still not showing.

Let me know how it goes, or if you run into any problems.

Thanks.

Hi Chiron,
Here the links for the dump.
cis.exehttp://www.myupload.dk/showfile/c4gzq.zip
cistray.exehttp://www.myupload.dk/showfile/c4zib0.zip
cavwp.exehttp://www.myupload.dk/showfile/c4pb3d.zip

The dump for cavwp.exe I did it the first time i launched KillSwitch but i take a long time and my desktop was frozen.
Finally is finished but i dont know if it’s good. But now i can’t do a dump for this process i always have an error message (tested several times with laptop reboot)

For the cmdagent.exe process I always have an error, same as cavwp.exe.
I attached the screenshots for the error.

Thanks a lot.

Thank you very much for your report in standard format, with all information supplied. The care you have taken is much appreciated by Comodo, and will increase the likelihood that this bug can be fixed.

Developers may or may not communicate with you in the forum or by PM/IM, depending on time availability and need. Because you have supplied complete information they may be able to replicate and fix the bug without doing so.

Many thanks again.

Hi Chiron,
I checked in my old Windows XP, the CIS tray is not loaded with a sceduled task but with the common startup regitry key.
(HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run)

So i enable the registry key for my Windows8.1 as my old Windows XP => it’s ok the CIS tray and Widget are now loaded at user session=> CIS Tray issue resolved.

Always checking how to resolve issue for other CIS scheduled tasks…

Regards.

I’m very happy to hear that this is now fixed. I will therefore move this bug report to Resolved.

Thanks.

Hi Chiron,
Is it forced to move it to resolved ?

I have the scheduled tasks bug in this report too => no CIS update and no signature update…

Thanks

Sorry. I misunderstood earlier. I have now re-opened this in the tracker and will move this report back to Format Verified.

Thanks.

Hi Chiron,
i’m back…
You can close this bug report.

Finally the issue came from my Windows8.1 installation (bug).

I reinstalled Windows 8.1 and all work fine in CIS, no more issue.

Thanks at lot for all.

Bye

Thank you for letting me know. I have closed this in the tracker and will move this bug report to Resolved. If the issue comes back please let me know.

Thanks again.