1. CPU (32 bit or 64 bit)
2. Operating System information (including Service Pack Version)
Windows XP SP3
3. Actively-running security and utility applications (Optional if you post a Comodo Firewall Pro Configuration Report)
Only CIS 3.5.54375.427
4. Specific symptoms of the bug, and steps you can take to reproduce it (step by step).
Virus database date on Summary page not updated, when updating from ANTIVIRUS tab → Update Virus Database.
a. Go to ANTIVIRUS → Common Tasks → Click “Update Virus Database”.
b. Given that there was no new update, go to Summary and in the Virus Defense box the time/date of the last update will NOT be changed.
c. Click the time/date in the Virus Defense box, and given that there still are no updates, the time will now get updated to the current. Obviously this is right, unlike the step b which proves this minor GUI bug.
5. Specific steps you have taken to try to resolve it.
None, please look at the above description.
6. Brief description of your Defense+ and Firewall+ mode (Custom, Train with safe) plus mention if you modified any setting in ADVANCED section of D+ and F+ (Optional if you post a Comodo Firewall Pro Configuration Report)
Defense+ in Safe Mode, Firewall in Custom Policy Mode. A few changes to the AV settings, if this is important I’ll provide the details on request.
7. If you pc reboots or you have a BSOD post in BSODs: Please add your minidump files here
8. Report if you are using an Administrator account Or a Limited User account. Vista users please Report if you have UAC Disabled or Enabled (Optional if you post a Comodo Firewall Pro Configuration Report)
Administrator account in XP used.
EDIT: This bug doesn’t occur every time I try to reproduce it, only once in a while. Furthermore, sometimes the time/date gets properly updated but there’s a lag of a few minutes. Today there was even a lag of more than one hour - the time displayed in the Summary Page was actually the same as the time I booted the machine.