CIS still talkative

Thanks Chiron. I’ll be back at my desk on Monday. I’ve clicked allow for all and selected them not to be sandboxed. Does that decision not get reported to the cloud? Can I upload a log/report from within the program?

The files you are starting will be uploaded to Comodo when you have the cloud look up enabled(it is enabled in default settings). However the topic Chiron is referring to helps Comodo to prioritise the processing of programs.

[at] pc-pete u dont see how much alerts CIS Give about starcraft 2.
i uninstalled cis because of this.
Submit application is useless for this game, update are too frequent like league of legends.

SC2switcher.exe sandboxed
SC2 sandboxed
Sc2 sandboxed
SC2 try to hook SC2
sc2 try to connect into internet
Sc2 has made a overflow of a resullt of shellcodes
Sc2switcher try to run sc2

after u allowed them, u go in game, it lag like hell
2 day after, update
AGAIN :
SC2switcher.exe sandboxed
SC2 sandboxed
Sc2 sandboxed
SC2 try to hook SC2
sc2 try to connect into internet
Sc2 has made a overflow of a resullt of shellcodes
Sc2switcher try to run sc2
i dont imagine without sandbox, it never end.
Novice go uninstall cis after this.
personnaly im bored of getting theses alert everytime it updates. so bye
and i dont talk about comodo system cleaner, this application have alzheimer

[attachment deleted by admin]

How does SC2 work with Online Armor ?

0 alert i think oasis trust sc2.

Posted D+ event log of the last few days here.

First scheduled scan result attached. Anyone know why ‘eicar.com’ rates a ‘high’ risk alert? (see attached)
When I tried to submit files to Comodo, it wasn’t possible without disinfecting first, so I didn’t submit them.

With this glitch, all the “allowances” I’m making for software not whitelisted, my patience is being tested but I’ll try and stick it out for at least a full week. ;D

Hi MOVEAX
Since my little very subjective survey here one of the listed CIS users has changed to another free product due to “SC2 issues”, though he didn’t tell me exactly what they were.

Hi MOVEAX,

Can you please provide us SHA1 of files for which you received alerts and were sandboxed?

We already have Blizzard in Trusted Vendor List e.g. ‘Blizzard Entertainment, Inc.’
Just wondering if alerts you received were on non-signed files.

Thanks
-umesh

starcraft2.exe : E0177EA2D4C404F4CBA66CCFD7EAB9F507DEFBA4
starcraft II editor.exe : 244C09266EBFFFF67D4F1730D6D09E3168EDA09F
sc2.exe : 47B0659C3EF7F08E5A94CAF1B45A7015DD9F2C65
sc2switcher.exe : F5D498451BD358949A11381A1CE113CAE680655D
sc2editor.exe B1DAB8384501157C6F428B893E50B44CA541FFB4

Hi MOVEAX,
As i see signer is same and in Trusted Vendor List, so only possibility is that some how CIS could not check in cloud. Did you check if in subsequent runs CIS found it safe and moved automatically to Trusted Files?

Thanks
-umesh

Ok, i run starcraft2.exe is sandboxed, in base/sc2.exe give overflow alert, i skip the alert
No files go into trusted files.

This looks weird.

Can you please do following:

1. Go to Defense+ ==>Computer Security ==>Trusted Software Vendors
  2. From 'Add" section select the running file and see if it is able to detect digital signature.

From your alerts, it seems CIS just doesn’t see these files as digitally signed while you mentioned sha1 and we also found they are really signed.

Thanks
-umesh

Hi, Defense+ trust it now
but do not give " scanned online and found safe " and it is not in trusted files

tried, and giving is already in trusted software list

Do you see ‘Blizzard Entertainment, Inc.’ in Trusted Vendor List now?

Thanks
-umesh

yes

Hello !
im getting this alert now :

http://i.imgur.com/tsIDB.png

Should i give the files to ionel ?

Please mail file or provide sha1.

Thanks
-umesh

sha1 : 47B0659C3EF7F08E5A94CAF1B45A7015DD9F2C65

Hi MOVEAX,

This app is safe in database and CIS seems to have found genuine BO possibility. If you trust it, you can select “Skip this application in the future”.

Thanks
-umesh

My month-long every-day-wth-CIS “experiment” has come to an end. I must say I was more impressed than I expected to be… but then my expectations were not overly high.

Perhaps the single most significant comment I would make is that using CIS is somewhat like a never-ending beta test. Not so much because it has more bugs than others, but because the procedures for the reporting of issues and the attitude of some responders to them, makes feel like it would just be too much to expect that they will be quickly fixed or that they should not be there in the first place.

The release of version 5.1 may not be that far away. Who knows how many bugs that may be fixing? I don’t know what or how many there may be but I do recall that during v5 beta testing there was a release with 127 bug fixes…