CIS says "updates are avail", starts install & then advises"no updates avail."

I have not found the following covered here:

CIS advises “updates are available” (& refers to the version 3.865951.477 [which is already installed in my system], starts the “preparing for installation” & then advises "there are no updates available.

I get the “you need an update” advise about daily, all with the same result.

Anyone know what is up? … do I have to worry about being vulnerable?
JohnEh

There is a FAQ regarding this here:
CIS keeps telling me that there are updates available !

And there is also a bug with the Trusted Vendors list. If you make any changes to the list, CIS will prompt you to update. Updating restores the default list.

This is a known bug, which will hopefully be addressed in the next release.

If you’re using XP, the current workaround (AFAIK) is to disable automatic updates in Miscellaneous → Settings → Update, so you don’t get the annoying pop-ups. However, if you’re using Vista, then use the method illustrated in the the link HeffeD provided.

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

Thanks for the quick reply!

Unfortunately I have Vista :frowning: I am pursuing the other suggestion (with some difficulty).

Thx
John

Thanks for the quick & thoughtful reply, but …

Problem # 1: I have Vista & found the directory, but was unable to delete both directories & have left (%HOMEPATH (I assumed my users tree) %\appdata\local\virtualstore\program files\comodo\comodo\firewall\Themes.

I was unable delete the themes (I even tryied the DOS c:\del xxxx but Vista didn’t recognize “del”.

Problem #2: I have no idea now to find & “clean out all userprofiles used on the system”.

If you can help, thanks

JohnEh

Sorry, I don’t use Vista so I can’t help you there.

Hopefully someone else will jump in. :slight_smile:

I have Vista (I’m the hero! ;D. Sounding too much like ganda now 88)).

Urm…I don’t have anything in my VirtualStore folder. (?)

johnEh, you could let me or someone else remotely access your computer and try and fix it (you can see what we are doing, and stop the connection if you want).

If you would, that would be great.

JohnEh

Have you got UAC enabled?
Dennis

Ok. Check your Private Messages’s and reply to my PM, not on this public board.