CIS reports that apps want Internet Access when they don't

Ever since the last update, Comodo firewall has been popping up firewall alerts that certain programs are trying to access the internet. Most of these programs have never needed internet access before or would not connect to the address:ports that comodo claimed. For example: comodo would say that csrss.exe or dwm.exe needed some internet access which has never happened before. I checked with curports and wireshark and those processes weren’t actually requesting a connection. Comodo was also saying that a certain web client was trying to connect to several different addresses, when in fact, it was not. I also happen to be running uTorrent.

I have scanned the machine for viruses and malware so I assume the problem is with Comodo.

I should note that the addresses Comodo reports are all IPV4 and none are IPV6 or ICMPV6. exporer.exe lsass.exe csrss.exe seem to be reported the most, but there are many others, some that are not Microsoft system files.

Thanks for any help: )

Hi naljubes,

I suspect that you are encountering the same problems than the ones reported in this topic https://forums.comodo.com/firewall-help-cis/igmp-alerts-after-upgrading-to-512-t88184.0.html;msg635742#msg635742

It is a bug in CIS 5.12

That looks quite similar to what I have encountered, but I am getting more than just IGMP alerts. I am also getting alerts saying that apps want to connect to IPV4 addresses on the WAN such as 27.195.42.6:8000 or 67.231.164.113:34400.

Is there a version reversion function? Id like to go back to 5.10

I’m afraid no. You have to uninstall CIS 5.12 and re install CIS 5.10. I believe the link in this topic is still working to download CIS 5.10 : https://forums.comodo.com/news-announcements-feedback-cis/comodo-internet-security-5102282572253-released-t82809.0.html;msg591397#msg591397

Hi Boris 3,
That link is downloading V5.12, try filehorse V5.10 as Eric has pointed out here even filehippo is downloading V5.12.

Thanks captainsticks for your input. i’m sorry i was misleading the OP :-[

Hey Boris 3 no sorry required, the old version links are very misleading to everyone it is not your fault. :slight_smile:

Thank you so much! I went to Comodo Internet Security Download (2023 Latest) to get the 64 bit version of 5.10.