CIS not starting at system startup [M2325]

After system start Windows 10 shows a dialog with report that no antivirus protection is running and lists available engines: CIS and Windows Defender. When selecting CIS to run it reports that something was wrong and asks for analyzing. Here is the report attached.
This is not first time I see this after Win10 boot. Previous Windows session was ended gracefully.

Does it happen all the time?

No. But I installed Windows 10 (and CIS as well) only 5 days ago and since this time this is already 3rd time CIS doesn’t start normally and even after manual launch it doesn’t work in background. After PC restart CIS starts correctly and works.

Interesting, I had it happen once over many system starts, it’s because sometimes cmdagent processes doesnt start before the cis and cistray processes.

Good question: will Comodo team provide any bugfix on this? :slight_smile:

Seeing as it doesn’t happen every time it will be hard to fix, but a Comodo staff member may contact you for more information.

Well, I hope this will not make much time otherwise it will be hard to provide more information with no CIS installed

Once again

Happened again. Looks like I have some idea how to reproduce the issue. Looks like it happens when the PC is just booted but I’m not logging in for some time and Windows waits for PIN to be entered. After logging in CIS icon in tray bar is transparent and it is not started correctly.

I see an issue in the CIS trace log ‘Exception in CMainWnd::OnInitializeView() while creating CCisTrayManager: 0x800706BA’ for cisGuiComCommunication. Can you check with 10.0.2.6408 which is set to be released tomorrow Nov 13. just to make sure it still happens. By PIN you mean you login using PIN method and if you wait a while before first logging into account, issue occurs correct?

Can you check with 10.0.2.6408 which is set to be released tomorrow Nov 13.
Sure.
By PIN you mean you login using PIN method and if you wait a while before first logging into account, issue occurs correct?
Yes. It never occurred when I'm signing in few seconds after PIN request is shown, but very often when signing in few minutes after login screen appears. Looks like some apps runs in background before Win10 logon... That's looks weird.

Has the issue happen again with the new CIS version? I tried replicating using PIN method and waiting awhile before logging in and I didn’t notice any problems.

I confirm, it’s not happened yet :-TU

Bad news: the issue is still there…

Ok I submitted the issue to tracker and made a note about the error event from CIS trace log.

Hi, eaglexk.

Your issue is under investigation. Please check your PM and provide requested logs.

Kind Regards,
Sergey.

Well, you’d better warn next time that this logs are extremny huge! I havd temp disk 2 Gb and it was fully filled when I saved about 30% of Procmon bootlogs. So it is not complete, that’s all I have for now (as it is not possible to save log in a different place when no enough disk space) plus I saved all logs after cancelling saving bootlog, maybe this can help. Next time will save to a disk with lot of free disk space.
Zipped logs:

Currently I have no this problem since 2017-11-20. No problem after last update few days ago. I changed my interface language from Russian to English to make logs readable for english-speaking developers but was not able to log error completly last time I seen it and now it’s not reproducing.