CIS & Malwarebytes

Hi, I just purchased a (slightly) used HP laptop that has windows 7, McAfee (which is being removed as I type this), and the full version of malwarebytes, which in my experience is very good.
I’m wondering if CIS and and the real time protection from Malwarebytes will conflict before I install CIS. If so, how should I configure CIS, which I also think is very good but not quite perfect… anyone here using both?

Yes, the realtime scanners will conflict though i would advise using Comodos realtime instead of malwarebytes realtime. Malwarebytes is quite good as a on demand scanner but realtime its not so good

thx…

I have used Malwarebytes pro and CIS together for a long time with no problems, just add these exclusions to CIS.

For Windows XP:
C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware\mbam.exe
C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware\mbamgui.exe
C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware\mbamservice.exe
C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware\zlib.dll
C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware\mbam.dll
C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware\mbamext.dll
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware\rules.ref
C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mbam.sys
C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mbamswissarmy.sys

For Windows Vista or Windows 7:
C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware\mbam.exe
C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware\mbamgui.exe
C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware\mbamservice.exe
C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware\zlib.dll
C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware\mbam.dll
C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware\mbamext.dll
C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware\rules.ref
C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mbamswissarmy.sys

For 64 bit versions of Windows Vista or Windows 7:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware\mbam.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware\mbamgui.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware\mbamservice.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware\zlib.dll
C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware\mbam.dll
C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware\mbamext.dll
C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware\rules.ref
C:\Windows\SysWoW64\drivers\mbamswissarmy.sys

Note: If using a software firewall besides the built in Windows Firewall you’ll need to exclude MBAM.EXE from it as well

Cheers
Shaun

Thank you… I’ve been using CIS for about a month with no problems… kind of surprising how lightweight it is except when running a full scan

Where exactly in CIS 5 are these exclusions to be made please?

The AV, but it wont help with the recent problems with MBAM. They would probably function together fine without these exclusions but its just what they recomend on the MBAM forums.

Cheers
Shaun

Shaun, thanks for the info. Regarding the firewall, where exactly is the exclusion added, or are you saying that MBAM.EXE should be given a policy of being a trusted application?

By the way, did not find the discussion you referred to on the MBAM forums, but whilst over there I was given a hostile reception by one of the members for the reason that I asked for more details about who is the real company behind MBAM, where they are located, etc ! I knew all about Comodo, but nothing about the makers of MBAM! I know they have been around for a few years, but still want to know more about them.

The recent problems I was referring to were discussed here https://forums.comodo.com/empty-t62001.0.html.
I have really been following it because i haven’t been using MBAM’s realtime protection recently.

Also I have just read your thread on the MBAM forums and that one guys response was ridiculous (insinuating you were a troll). But I see a mod has deleted those posts and locked the thread.

Cheers
Shaun

Thanks for the link. Yes, a mod picked it up, PMd me and said that he was removing the guys comments and everything beyond that point. I should not have taken the bait, but anyway, it’s fixed now, but I still want to learn more about the company behind the MBAM, seems a bit odd, but most likely just an omission on their part not to say who they are.