The logs in both FW and D+ will erase themselves after a few hours or simply will not log at all.
This happened before on a different PC with Vista HP 32-bit.
- What you did: Nothing, don’t know what to do.
- What actually happened or you actually saw: Described above.
- What you expected to happen or see: The obvious.
- How you tried to fix it & what happened: Diagnostics/Nothing
- If it’s an application compatibility problem have you tried the application fixes here?: No compatibility problems
- Details & exact version of any application (except CIS) involved with download: None.
- Whether you can make the problem happen again, and if so precise steps to make it happen: No answer.
- Any other information (eg your guess regarding the cause, with reasons): Bump.
- Screenshots illustrating the bug: Appended
- Screenshots of related CIS event logs or the Defense+ Active Processes List: Appended
- A CIS config. report or file: Appended
- Crash or freeze dump file: Not applicable
- CIS 5.3.xxx.1237
- a) Have you updated (without uninstall) from CIS 3 or 4: No
b) if so, have you tried reinstalling (if not please do)?:
- a) Have you imported a config from a previous version of CIS: No
b) if so, have U tried a preset config (if not please do)?:
- Have you made any other major changes to the default config (eg ticked ‘block all unknown requests’, other egs here.): No
- Defense+, Sandbox, Firewall & AV security level: D+=Safe, Sandbox=Disabled, Firewall=Custom, AV=Not installed
- OS version, service pack, number of bits, UAC setting, & account type: Windows 7 64-bit SP1, UAC on, Admin.
- Other security and utility software installed: MSE
- Virtual machine used: None.
P.S. This is a new machine (3 weeks) and I’ve just reinstalled the OS.
P.P.S. As I said before it happened with another totally different PC, so it must be a bug.