CIS locks me out of my system.

Technically it doesn’t actually lock me out, but it don’t let me do anything either!
This happened to me a few months back, I do a fresh system reformat, install comodo, everything is doing good for a couple weeks, then out of the blue comodo decides to stop working on me!
It doesn’t crash or give me any error message, it just completely freezes my system!
When this freeze occurs I try to open task manager & nothing pops up!
I go to View active process list and I see task manager has been launched with-in comodo but its not actually launching on my system!
And when I try to terminate the task via View active process list nothing happens, the process stays up and never launches on my system.
The only way to get by this freeze was to unplug my whole computer and plug it back in.
This was such a problem that I had to uninstall comodo completely.
Now I’m running with no firewall… I want to use comodo firewall but this handicap is not letting me!
Please, somebody help.

Evening “James505”

My name is Jacob Kilgore,
I’m one of the Moderators here at Comodo Forums
I would like to try to solve your Issue as Quick as Possible

Any Other Security Software Installed?
Whats Your Operating System? (ex. WinVista 64/32 Bit, WinXP 64/32 Bit etc)

- Jacob Kilgore
C-O-M-O-D-O Forum Moderator

Hello.
Nope Comodo is the only security program I have installed.
Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Version 2002 Service Pack 2
32/bit

What process is hogging the CPU? cfp.exe?

I’m not to sure, when this type of system-freeze occurs I cant bring up the task manager, I have found the only way I can by-pass this freeze is to shutdown Comodo then restart it.
And when this freeze occurs it gives me no type of warning and it doesn’t crash, it just locks in place.
If I exit comodo then the task manager that was stuck on the active process list will launch, but only after I close comodo.
Task manager is not the only program that wont run when this happens, it effects my whole system. I cant launch any browser/game/IM etc…

P.S
All of this was occurring awhile back, I am currently upgraded to SP3 and everything seems to be working fine. If it happens again I will take a screenshot, I cant really explain it in a way as to where it makes sense.

Hello,

yesterday I also got this issue two times. My computer totally freezed and I could not do anything (for example close firewall or launch task manager). The only solution was to push stand-by button for cca 8 seconds to restart my notebook.

I have Windows Vista SP1 32x, Eset NOD32 Antivirus 4, CIS v 3.8.x.477 (installed without antivirus; Firewall security level: Custom policy mode, Defence+ security level: Clean PC Mode). In my computer were running at the time of this issue Rainlendar, DUMeter, MS Word 2007, RocketDock, Firefox and Aimp.

Oh, I forgot :slight_smile: I have SpySweeper installed on my computer, but it was not running

@Dasniel Jackson. Does the same thing happen with Spy Sweeper uninstalled? I haven`t used Spy Sweeper for a long time and want to make there is not some process of SS stil running.

I have not tried to uninstall SpySweeper. This had not happened to me before (even with SpySweeper running). Yes, there are two processes in the background: SpySweeper.exe and WRConsumerService.exe.