CIS Locking Up Computer After ~10 minutes

Hi, I’m new, especially to Windows 8.1 I’ve been searching for days (weeks maybe?) for answers to my problem but found nothing useful yet. I saw this thread and decided to write this post in case there is an easy answer somewhere.

Every time after I turn on my computer and log in (including restarts), after a period of 10 minutes or so Comodo seems to completely lock itself. None of the buttons that invoke or change anything within Advanced Settings do anything when I click them. The Advanced Settings pane simply will not appear. Also, I cannot change anything when I right click the tray icon, and drag and drop scan does not work. Again, everything works fine until ~10 minutes into initial login into Windows, at which time Comodo locks itself. The services seem to be running fine and as far as I can tell this isn’t an issue of Comodo crashing or freezing completely. Curiously, this locking (or any other problems for that matter) does not occur on Windows 7 32bit or 64bit. I am thinking that Comodo is somehow sandboxing itself? Any ideas on what might be going on? This is really annoying because right now, any time I want to unblock a program I have to reboot Windows and hope I get it done before Comodo locks itself again.

Windows 8.1 64bit (upgraded from 8 before Comodo was installed)
Comodo Internet Security Premium: program version 6.3.302093.2976; database version 17515
My account is administrator type.
Installed and uninstalled numerous times, used the GeekBuddy batch script before this current install.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Hello. I split this post from the original thread so that it can get more visibility. This is certainly a strange issue. I have a few questions.

1. Have you changed any of the settings from the default configuration? If so did you try leaving it at default?

2. Do you currently have any other security of maintenance software installed on your computer? If so which ones?

3. Even if you currently do not have any other security software installed, did you in the past? If so, which ones?

4. Does this lockup happen even if the computer is just sitting there for 10 minutes, without any other programs ever being opened after the boot.?

5. Did you try uninstalling CIS and seeing if the computer still locks up after about 10 minutes anyway?

Thank you.

I have a similar situation. After I installed Comodo, my hp computer completely freezes after a couple of key strokes. Unfortunately I did not uninstall Norton Utillities. I’ve tried numerous hard resets with no results. I would like to restore back to before I installed Comodo but since the computer freeses every time I can’t do that. I have no Idea to work around this and so all I currently is an expensive paperweight.

Carl

Booting into Safe Mode should allow you to access System Restore. Please see if that works.