cis keep asking for unrecognized software [partially solved]

I run a software (professionnal one) which i trust but which is not digitally signed. Everytime i run it, cis asks me if i want to sandbox/allow/ block this fil. I’ve put it in trusted files but nothing changes… same popup keeps comng back :-TD

what can i do ?

I have same issue, its annoying theres no tick box to always trust the application, I hope that Comodo listen and add it to the alert soon…please please Comodo :slight_smile:

i didn’t have this issue under cis v4…

Well, I actually did…for me it was mostly with Emerald Viewer which I use for Second Life…this always in v4 and in v5 give me an alert, just be nice to be able to make it always trusted!

I agree it’s annoying when it happens but in the great scheme of things it’s probably not a high priority for fixing. It’s just a niggle but as you asked nicely aimee :a0 I’m sure that comodo will fix this issue sooner rather than later.

First try the following. Can you make sure the file is not also in My Pending Files at the same time. If so, please remove it from there.

Also read Mouse1’s FAQ (see my signature) and How to remove individual applications/files from the sandbox? and see if that brings any help.

I have the file set as Trusted Application, and also its not sandboxed…I’m open to suggestions :slight_smile:

ok, I followed Eicjh and mouse1 advices and solved my problem by treating this file as “installer program” :-TU :-TU

it’s not a good solution but it works… 88)

Off topic … I am soooo tempted lol >:-D

Was your file giving unlimited access or just sandbox alerts?

In fact could all you guys report:

1. Are you running the RC
  2. What alert you are getting - is it unlimited access?
  3. Do you have ‘block all requests if the application is not loaded’ unticked (it should not be ticked)
  4. Is it resolved by making it a trusted file (guess not)?
  5. Is it resolved by making it an installer/updater in CSP and ticking ‘trust files from trusted installers’?
  6. Do you have any other non-standard settings?

I think (but have not asked) Comodo is intent on solving this, but we will need to pin the problem down.

Many thanks

Mike

1. Are you running the RC : yes

2. What alert you are getting - is it unlimited access? : yes, unlimited access

3. Do you have ‘block all requests if the application is not loaded’ unticked (it should not be ticked) : no

4. Is it resolved by making it a trusted file (guess not)? : no

5. Is it resolved by making it an installer/updater in CSP and ticking ‘trust files from trusted installers’? : yes

6. Do you have any other non-standard settings? : don’t think so… just “create rules for safe applications”

Thanks. That’s what I thought let’s see if the others are the same.

Mike

On a side note:

Can someone try making the file trusted using the right click menu from the Active Processes List?

Best wishes

Mouse

This is now issue 225 in the mods tracking system. I would suggest that you make a formal bug report in the Beta bugs topic. Please use the standard format at the start of the bug reports topic, and include the answers to all the questions that I asked above.

Best wishes

Mouse

Unfortunately, this option is not allowed : “add to safe files” is greyed in the rightclick menu… :-TD :-[ :stuck_out_tongue:

when i launch my program i also noticed that no rule were created in the security strategy list… (create rules for safe apps is ticked !)

I wonder what happens if you untick ‘create rules for safe apps’, then run the program, allow UA, add it to TRusted files a) while running b) when closed again. (Try other approach if first does not work). Don’t reboot before adding to trusted files - CIS need to remember UA.

Best wishes

Mouse

Can anyone tell me a simple to install and run app that exhibits this problem. Tried emerald, but its a real pain to install - need to add run MS times and fix patches. Fixes (side-by-side?) are not available at present.

Best wishes

Mouse

i can’t give you my professionnal app (it’s a paid one) sorry :P0l