CIS is blocking O&O CleverCache.

Hi when ever I boot up my PC’s one Win 7 64 bit, & Win XP Pro 32 bit, CIS blocks O&O CleverCache. I look in Defense+ it shows C:\Program Files\OO Software\CleverCache\ooccctrl.exe has been blocked, I right click on it & try to add it to the Trusted Files but it says its its already a Trusted file. Can you please fix this?

Hi,

Did you try to solve this asking the question in CIS help boards?
It looks like it’s on D+ Computer Security Policy and set to Blocked else it wouldn’t show in the logs as that.

Hi, thanks for the reply, I went in to the Computer Security Policy & changed the 2 O&O CleverCache files from Custom Policy to Trusted Application, but its still blocking after re starting CleverCache. I think this is a bug with CIS & would have to be fixed at Comodo, there is nothing more I can do here.

Hey and warm welcome to comodo forums onlyme300!

Could you provide us with d+ logs? you can meanwhile try to ad it here CIS —> Defense+ —> Defense+ Settings —> Execution control Settings —> Detect shellcode injections (i.e. Buffer overflow protection) —> Exclusions —> Add —> Browse…

Regards,
Valentin N

Okay, can you please change the original post then so it fits the bug reporting format.

WHY WE ASK YOU TO FOLLOW THESE GUIDELINES

Hi I did as you said but it still blocking CleverCache, I am sending you the Logs in this post.

[attachment deleted by admin]

I see that this exe file is trying to access memory. I would appreciate if you could save that file and save as… logs.html and all files.

Regards,
Valentin N

Sorry this form won’t let me send Attachments as .htm or .html files, thats why I had to convert it to .txt

try to see if this will help CIS —> Defense+ —> Computer Security Policy —> Defense+ Rules → click on Internet Security and then edit —> Use a Constom Policy —> customize —> Protection Settings —> Access Rights —> Find Interprocess Memory Accesses and click on Modify —> Allowed Memory Applications —> add —> Running process or browse and then find the exe file.

Regards,
Valentin N

Well done, Valentin N that fixed it on both my PC’s, I’m not sure if Comodo pay you, but they should double it, I would have never found that fix. Thanks very much.

Comodo is not paying. I am helping here voluntarily :slight_smile: I am glad to hear that the problem is solved. You should be very careful with granting programs/applications access memory to CIS; if you add wrong application CIS will become vulnerable if infections and so on.

Regards,
Valentin N